Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas - Whats confirmed and whats not?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering what plans have got the greeen light and what ones are being discussed. I had a look at the luas main website and its absolute rubbish.

cheers
    Trilla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Green Line extension to Cherrywood - under construction
    Red Line extension to the Point - Under construction
    Red Line extension to Citywest - afaik its approved and it being privately funded so should go ahead.

everything else is just a line on a map and unlikely to go ahead in the short to medium term.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sooner there's a Luas out to the airport, the better. Or is that going to be the Underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Sooner there's a Luas out to the airport, the better. Or is that going to be the Underground?
    That would be Metro North. It is likely to go to public consultation this month and before An Bord Pleanála in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What I want to know is when I'm going to get my remote control that holds the LUAS at a stop when I'm running to catch it?

I paid good money for it off a very-reputable looking website not so long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Luisella

Hi, on the Green Line extension to Cherrywood, the Luas website says that it is estimated to be operative by mid 2010. But I've heard that some stop might be working earlier, particularly the one in Leopardstawn in December 2008. Can anyone confirm on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement