Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about credits and passing the year

• 08-09-2008 3:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I missed some of my exams last year so had to repeat some modules. The course changed and I ended up doing 40 credits this year.

I have 27.5 credits passed from last year giving a total of 67.5 credits. I have a feeling I failed a 5 credit module in the repeats this year but I will still have 62.5 credits passed. Should this be enough to pass the year seeing as I have still over the 60 credits required for the year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

I missed some of my exams last year so had to repeat some modules. The course changed and I ended up doing 40 credits this year.

I have 27.5 credits passed from last year giving a total of 67.5 credits. I have a feeling I failed a 5 credit module in the repeats this year but I will still have 62.5 credits passed. Should this be enough to pass the year seeing as I have still over the 60 credits required for the year?

Unless the failed module is a requirement for next year (well this year) then you should be ok.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Cool thans for your reply. Its not a required course for next year, thank god. Results on saturday *fingers crossed*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

you can only have 60 credits.

The repeats would overwrite some of the already passed ones i think.

Like if a module is replaced and you do the replacement, even if youve passed the original, if you fail the new one, its the new one that counts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I do obviously wish you the best of luck :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Thanks I know what you mean. If you do the same module again. But I did completly different ones. none were the same as previous ones I had passed or replacements. Anyways I am just anxious about the results. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement