Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate is looking for a mens stylist

Options
  • 08-09-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Mate has his hair short for years (barber job).

He's now decided to let it grow a little longer and get a something abit like this http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz41.htm

Anyone know a decent stylist in town for men that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

buzz41.jpg

Try the one on Dominic across from Galway Arms alternately bring a picture and go around and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ronan in Toni and Guy. Hes not cheap but very very good.

You need a proper stylist for a cut like that.

You could also try Liz in Velvet in Barna, Cerise(sp?) in the Hair boutique in Barna, or else Daithi or Zac in The HUT in town.

I'd still recommend Ronan above all of them though, hes a bit odd, but he cuts damn good hair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Anyone in the edge, all very good stylists, all have worked in female hairdressing aswell. Amanda/Sabrina/Stephanie, round 12-15 bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

d-gal wrote: »
    Anyone in the edge, all very good stylists, all have worked in female hairdressing aswell. Amanda/Sabrina/Stephanie, round 12-15 bills

What - 12 to 15 euro is it?

That's not too bad. I thought alot of those places charged 50 euro +

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

d-gal wrote: »

Where is the edge?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Got some important Myspace photos to be taken, has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

"Your mate" is it?

Where have I heard that one before?... :D

What - 12 to 15 euro is it?

That's not too bad. I thought alot of those places charged 50 euro +

Well styling is just a cut mate, unless your adding stuff like colouring, wash and blow dry etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

thats the most horrible hair style, ive ever seen, leave the hair styling to david beckham and the like.

futura123 wrote: »
    thats the most horrible hair style, ive ever seen, leave the hair styling to david beckham and the like.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Good man.
    Post a picture of what your hair looks like sure.

• Advertisement

just think it is hideous mate thats all...... dont take offence

just think it is hideous mate thats all...... dont take offence

Everybody has there own opinions right? Imagine if everyone did what you did and posted "I like" or "I don't like" - It would be a pretty worthless thread wouldn't it?

No offence taken but we really don't need to leave the styling to Beckham. Do you do that or something?
    Don't be taking the thread off topic unless you have something to add that's worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

buzz41.jpg

The local priests will love your "mate" in that haircut workaccount.
    "mate" being the operative word. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

buzz41.jpg

Is your "mate" going for the 1960 Beatles look?
    Not my taste, but each to their own I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Amanda in The Edge is a top class hair stylist mate! Pop in there and see how you go.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is your "mate" going for the 1960 Beatles look?
    Not my taste, but each to their own I suppose...

It's a classic haircut. I can understand where your coming from with the 1960's thing because the photo looks old. Again it's a classic though.

It's not a fad like some of Beckham's styles.

Amanda in The Edge is a top class hair stylist mate! Pop in there and see how you go.

Where is the edge located?

Eyre square shopping centre beside new look

On the Eyre square shopping centre site the edge seems to be branded as a barbers. Is this the right place?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

On the Eyre square shopping centre site the edge seems to be branded as a barbers. Is this the right place?

Thanks.

You seem to be doing a hell of a lot of research for "your mate". Is "your mate" a member of that band Disconnect 4 by any chance?
    (By which I mean that hair style is horrendous.)

• Advertisement

cL0h wrote: »
    You seem to be doing a hell of a lot of research for "your mate". Is "your mate" a member of that band Disconnect 4 by any chance?
    (By which I mean that hair style is horrendous.)

Doubt anybody could give a t*ss whether you like it or not.

why are you bein so defensive over your "mates" potential haircut!!!! people are entitled to an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Doubt anybody could give a t*ss whether you like it or not.

Ooooh!
    No doubt you do care considering your effort.
    I bet you'll look fabulous. Sorry I mean your MATE will look fabulous.

lmao

why are you bein so defensive over your "mates" potential haircut!!!! people are entitled to an opinion.

Your first post was a little more than a opinion.

cL0h wrote: »
    Ooooh!
    No doubt you do care considering your effort.
    I bet you'll look fabulous. Sorry I mean your MATE will look fabulous.

lmao

Come on post up your haircut then. What's your problem by the way? - if somebody was looking for the nearest dealer to buy the latest BMW 5 series would you come on and start telling that person the 5 series looks sh*t and everybody will be laughing at you.

You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder - are you bald?

Never realized some Galway people were so narrow minded that if you don't conform to their fashion ideas then you shouldn't bother trying out a look at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Come on post up your haircut then. What's your problem by the way? - if somebody was looking for the nearest dealer to buy the latest BMW 5 series would you come on and start telling that person the 5 series looks sh*t and everybody will be laughing at you.

You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder - are you bald?

Never realized some Galway people were so narrow minded that if you don't conform to their fashion ideas then you shouldn't bother trying out a look at all.

Jesus lad, give it up. You asked a question, you got an answer. Inevitably people will chime in with their own opinions; this is boards.ie not Zimbabwe. You now seem determined on picking a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with you. WTF?

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Inevitably people will chime in with their own opinions

Suppose. It was very ignorantly done though.

Personally if someone else had a thread like this I wouldn't come on and say "Oh that's sh*te"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Shouldve told your mate to post in the fashion forum.

And by that I mean it's a terrible haircut :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I like it :). It's far better to have a proper haircut than just shearing your head imo. If you can see straight through to your scalp you've cut your hair too short.
    Anyway OP, enjoy your new haircut. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

trying to find a decent stylist for a man in galway is such a pain. :(

not as painful as the cocks in the ass but painful nonetheless.

Advertisement