Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar/restaurant in Charlesland Centre

Options
  • 08-09-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Recently moved to Charlesland and really like it. I saw that there is a letting sign in the Charlesland Centre for a bar/restaurant, does anyone know if there are any plans for one there? Would be very handy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think they've been looking for a tenant since day 1, but were looking for big money for the lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes Eoin, thats all true. According to sources, about €1m would get you in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That sounds very dear. I also heard it was quite a short lease, which would make kitting out the place an even more expensive prospect.

I could see it being popular enough though - lots of parents for lunch, plus a captive audience of 1500 houses or so that don't want to face the walk to the village on a rainy night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lorod

Thanks for your replies. Such a shame though. As you say, the village is quite a trek in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its mad though - they've allowed it to sit empty for 3 years now, earning them no money. Surely better to drop the rent and find a tenant. The pub sector is in decline, but as you say, there is a captive audience in Charlesland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

A friend of a friend who is in the bar game, he looked in to it and laughed when they asked for €250,000 a year, that before getting it all kitted out..

Some people really do live up their own a*ses...

Advertisement