Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooed in the pub????

Options
  • 08-09-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Anybody see this over on the Gigs & Events board? Post #5 in THIS thread.

They are setting up a tattoo area of sorts in Fibbers the night of Blaze Bayley.

Where on earth could they set up a tattoo studio in Fibbers that could be remotely hygienic? I'm guessing that they wouldn't put it in the hotel, that it would have to remain in the pub somewhere.

Any opinions on this? Is it just me that thinks this is wrong?

Edit: Never mind. Just noticed it's for the Cork show only. Still makes you wonder though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Oh so wrong! jeebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

See edit Will.

still though, people will be drunk, i can foresee a lot of people waking up the next day with a new tattoo

I can only imagine. Though it does say custom designs only. That you have to bring along your own ideas. I don't think I could trust any set up where it isn't in a clinical studio. No portable set-up could offer the health and safety required could it?

to be honest, the organisers should know better

• Advertisement

But it's a business arrangement, Will. It's all fine now. Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

In all fairness, conventions are pretty much the same...plenty of booze flowing at them too....and music....so if it's done properly I really don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Its more the venue id be afraid of.
    A convention is one thing, people would have more sense at it like.

But at a bar, a smelly one at that, with a live gig going on at the same time.
    Sounds pretty dodgy to me.

That was exactly my thinking Cian.

At a Tattoo convention, cleanliness and tattooing are the intent of the exercise. At a Blaze Bayley gig it is a secondary feature. I doubt there will be the same level of care taken in setting up. Venue manager will say that they are taking too much space up, using too many power outlets, blocking a fire escape, etc.....................

Just while I think of it. This is not a stab at the Artists in question. I have heard their name mentioned here before in only good circumstances if I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sillyGoldie

Has anyone seen their work??? its appalling... I wouldn't get tattooed by them, let alone have it done in a pub.#Just incase, heres a link to their bebo album o work... http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7671542887&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=8687649069]
    I was horrified lookin through it...

• Advertisement

There's some nice shading, but lacks general drawing skills.
    Room for improvement i think

Tigger isn't very nice...
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7671542887&PhotoId=8734172328&PhotoAlbumId=8687649069

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wow talk about dumb.
    Let me see would I get ink done in an establishment were the last time I was in it there was "water" leaking from the toilets upstairs on to the floor.....
    Not a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,018 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CianRyan wrote: »
    There's some nice shading, but lacks general drawing skills.
    Room for improvement i think

Tigger isn't very nice...
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7671542887&PhotoId=8734172328&PhotoAlbumId=8687649069

Jesus they're some bad tattoos.

A bad tattoo and HIV
    Oh yeay i just cant wait to get a tattoo in a pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sillyGoldie

It was the tiger, wolf and stars, if you can call them stars, and the 'you'll never walk alone' cross thing that got me.....i empathise for the people stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I'm actually really surprised that the manager of the Crusicin went for this idea at all. I'd consider it one of my local pubs and one things for sure, it's definitely not set up for tattooing. :eek:

It's a dark, sticky floored venue, really really don't see how a tattooist could even get close to a any bit sterile ennviroment. So annoying this. It shouldn't be allowed at all. Not to mention the tattooist himself has a reputation for being a butcher. :mad::mad::mad:

Léan wrote: »
    the tattooist himself has a reputation for being a butcher.

Well at least now i see why he agreed to do it.
    What an eejit.

Advertisement