Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A confession of sorts

Options
  • 08-09-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Over the weekends I was out with a few people from boards. Copious amounts of alcohol was drunk and was chatting to a fella I know.

Towards the end of the night, I noticed what to me looked like a very angry nostril piercing with the jewellery removed. I questioned the guy and said to him did he get his nose pierced.

Turns out it was just a spot :pac:

*hangs head in shame*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Too funny. I hate those moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I felt like a jerk for mentioning it, then not so much as the same guy then went on tell every single possible person.

Bah alcohol was consumed, lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I did that to a guy...bout his ear...turned out to be a massive freckle...and I was sober....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Will wrote: »
    I felt like a jerk for mentioning it, then not so much as the same guy then went on tell every single possible person.

Bah alcohol was consumed, lots.

yep. heard about that one already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Baaaahahahahahahahaha

Silly Willy!!

Much like people thinking you had a luuuurve bite on the beer and rasher sambos thread in bgrh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i asked a 31 year old for ID in work :D

tried to hide my embarrassment by telling her she should take it as a compliment. /bad mistake/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

twice i've asked girls when they were due..................
    they weren't

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

As a sixth year, I walked up and hugged my friend from behind in the school canteen one day... turns out it was a second year, who I didn't even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

i asked a 31 year old for ID in work :D

tried to hide my embarrassment by telling her she should take it as a compliment. /bad mistake/

As a man going engaged to a 28 year old that gets asked for ID 9 out of 10 times I can promise you that they dont take it as a compliment!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm 28, and still take it as a compliment, until some twats bouncers then start on that my ID must be forged ¬_¬
    That makes me pretty irate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tiroskan wrote: »
    As a sixth year, I walked up and hugged my friend from behind in the school canteen one day... turns out it was a second year, who I didn't even know.

I made a friend doing that one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tiroskan wrote: »
    illegal...thats illegal!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

kayos wrote: »
    As a man going engaged to a 28 year old that gets asked for ID 9 out of 10 times I can promise you that they dont take it as a compliment!

Yeah, we really, really don't! I was ID'd a year ago to sit in the emergency exit seats on plane!!!!
    Lanky Ryanair Steward: You know you have to be 18 to sit there?
    Me: (Angry face) I'm 24!
    Lanky Ryanair Steward: (Embarressed) Oh, ummmm, ok....so ummm....(Runs)
    I nearly freakin ate him! ha

My biggest foot in mouth moment....
    One of the people I work with was in an accident a few years ago and is now in a wheelchair, paralised from the waste down.
    Colleague: (Speaking about a project we were both working on) So realistically, how much work does this job need from me?
    Me: Well, it's not too bad really, I mean it needs a bit of work, but don't brake your back over it...
    Colleague: Eh Fiii, I already did....

Que mortification from me, and hysterical laughter from them! I wanted the ground to swallow me whole! :o
    Luckily, they knew I meant no harm, and saw the funny side of it.
    eeekkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Over the weekends I was out with a few people from boards. Copious amounts of alcohol was drunk and was chatting to a fella I know.

Towards the end of the night, I noticed what to me looked like a very angry nostril piercing with the jewellery removed. I questioned the guy and said to him did he get his nose pierced.

Turns out it was just a spot :pac:

*hangs head in shame*

Hah! I've had to prevent myself from making that mistake many a time!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my fella is 39, and gets ID'd every now and then when he's out with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

i once ran up behind my dad on grafton st and kicked him full force square in the arse....it was not my dad

I may aswell....

Ya know when your really yound in school and they teach you about africa and how poor the people are...well once in the middle of some shopping place when i was little two black people(they were rare back then) walked by...and i turned to my ma...pointed...and shouted quite loudly " look mammy..POOR people"

not racist just childhood innocence

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

I may aswell....

Ya know when your really yound in school and they teach you about africa and how poor the people are...well once in the middle of some shopping place when i was little two black people(they were rare back then) walked by...and i turned to my ma...pointed...and shouted quite loudly " look mammy..POOR people"

not racist just childhood innocence

sounds like my little boy, he was bout 1 year old and we had been to the Zoo and the gorrillas were going mental and doing that growly shouting thing they do, then a while later, maybe a week or so, we were on the bus on the way home from some adventure and he was in his buggy, then a dude got on with a buggy and stopped beside us and my little boy leaned forward and peeked into the other buggy and started growly shouting, out popped the head of the cutest little black girl....i was totally mortified and delighted that the little girls dad had no idea why my son sounded like a maniac :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

was at a gig with my mates band recently and they just been signed to some british label thingie, but their manager/rep dude was a black man. now not only are you to bare this in mind but also the gig were at was to raise fund for this anti racism campaign in Ireland, so not only was the band mangery dude there with his fam n mates but all these other foreign nationalities peoples, with a predominantly black crowd, like the 6 of us were some of the only white people there.
    anyway, the bands sound techie first off had the dodgiest mix of music playin pre gig, from Vanila Ice to Michael Jackson and everything in between. So we're sittin in this little old man pub n Mr Techie looks about the place and starts going "Ye know I really like this pub...it's so...BLACK" commenting on the decor, completely unaware of what he's just said, the drummer starts tryna make "SHUT UP" faces and the guitarist just hangs his head, possibly the funniest site ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Strolled up to the manager of Dunnes in Blanchardstown and asked him if they'd any swimwear, poor guy just goes bright red and says, "Ehh I don't work here."

• Advertisement

Any time I go to the shops from work, I always get approached by people in the shops asking for things!!!

(Probably cuz I'm sometimes in a suit, always at least a shirt and tie)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any time I go to the shops from work, I always get approached by people in the shops asking for things!!!

(Probably cuz I'm sometimes in a suit, always at least a shirt and tie)

I used to get that a lot when I was in Tesco - usually when I had my Penney's name badge on me!!

Get people asking me to get stuff off top shelves, usually old women, laughing at them while i walk away is funny.

Get people asking me to get stuff off top shelves, usually old women, laughing at them while i walk away is funny.

You mean you refuse to help!?? That's horrible.

Not only do I refuse to help, I push them into the freezer areas. :pac:

*Runs away from body mod forum*

BAD MAN! BAD MAAAAAAN!

You know me somewhat rozabeez, do you honestly think I would do that?

it would be funny!!!!:D

*Checks self for slap-marks*

:(

• Advertisement

I'd hope so :D

Advertisement