Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with reason sound

Options
  • 08-09-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Ive been making productions with reason 4 and older versions for quite some time and although im getting close the sound of the end result when i export the files is just not what i want. I have heard people giving out about the compression issues on reason before but im not sure if thats my problem, its hard to explain but im kinda looking for a crisper sound with more clarity.

You can hear my productions here www.myspace.com/djstevedonaldson
    See if you can hear what i mean regarding the sound...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i took a listen to your myspace there and I hear where you are coming from. I'm gonna be a little controversial here and say get logic or cubase etc. and get started doing stuff in them, even if you have to ReWire everything out of reason into your main DAW.

I used Reason many moons ago, and felt way too limited doing everything within it.
    Reason is fine rewired into something like logic, cubase or protools, but on it's own it's not much more than a pretty looking toy.

Thor is pretty decent, malstrom has it's moments and redrum has it's charms, but for crisp audio quality and decent summing reason is pretty lame tbh.

Hope this is not too unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

yeah thats what alot of people have been saying to me actually, i just find the reason interface so handy for example the sequencer is amazing, my undertanding of rewire is that you basically use reason as a vst on a host program like cubase but that still means i have to use the cubase sequencer which is totally unfamilar to me.

Thanks for the advice tho i think im gonna have to give this cubase yoke a bash cause im getting some analogue stuff soon and reason has no audio ins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Also, are you putting the Mastering EQ Combinator after the "hardware" interface in Reason? A lot of good can come from using that -ie after the hardware interface and before your mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

yeah i always do that when i open a project, it helps immensley, but its still not the sound i want, still sounds too reasony

Advertisement