Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive AC V's USB power

Options
  • 08-09-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello all,

Buying a new external Hard Drive. I am thinking of getting a Western Digital Elements 1TB USB2.0 or a Western Digital Elements 250GB, External Silver/White, USB 2.0, Rugged M with the 1TB having an AC power cable. Just wondering which is the best way to go. USB or AC in terms of powering the Ext. HD.
    I will prob use the HD mainly at home so it won't travel too far but I might want to bring it to Europe for work etc. sometimes. So without the whole "It depends on what you want to use it for" I just want to know if there is any reason why I shouldn't buy one of these?

Thanks.
    G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

id go with the AC power one. your gonna get more space and more value for money.

If youre gonna use it at home, AC is perfect.

For abroad, just transfere whatever files onto your laptop hard drive before you leave.

keep in mind that if you have a USB hdd, it will literally rape your laptop battery. so youl need to plug that in ANYWAY. so just get the AC powered one

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Guscat

Thanks a million Silenceisbliss. Thats the answer that I wanted/needed to hear.
    Think ill go for the AC one alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

no bother :)

Advertisement