Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on hair removal

Options
  • 08-09-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

hiya I just got laser hair removal done in laserway in D2 medical centre. I ws just wondering what I should be seeing after my first session coz the hairs are still growing through and inbfact I had to shave on Saturday night. I got my underarms done but I dont see a difference so far? anyone got any advice or reviews of the clinic?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I had laser hair removal and it really is after the 2nd and 3rd session that you being to notice a difference. Keep going with it the end results certainly are well worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

kizzyr wrote: »
    I had laser hair removal and it really is after the 2nd and 3rd session that you being to notice a difference. Keep going with it the end results certainly are well worth it. :)

thanks for your reply, can I ask how many sessions you had to get done, I was told 6 but I was chatting to someone who said they needed 12 and she I also said that there was no way I would be finished after 6. Also I was quoted 1,800 for full legs, bikini, underarms and mustache...sounds very cheap, do you think it could be too good to be true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

jellybeans wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, can I ask how many sessions you had to get done, I was told 6 but I was chatting to someone who said they needed 12 and she I also said that there was no way I would be finished after 6. Also I was quoted 1,800 for full legs, bikini, underarms and mustache...sounds very cheap, do you think it could be too good to be true?

I was quoted €3500 for 6 sessions of full leg, bikini line, underarms and chin. I found that 6 was fine for chin, thighs and bikini line. I then paid for another 3 on my lower legs and underarms. Prices have come down since I paid for mine though (which was around 2 to 2.5 years ago) as there is much more competition in the treatments now so your price is probably fine.
    I am about a year post final treatment and have some, (very very little) re growth. I spoke to the manager of the salon about this as I was told when I first paid that once it was gone it was gone. She said that I shouldn't have been told this as the hair can never ever go 100% but that one or maybe two top up treatments per year would suffice. I had my first top up two weeks ago and have to say I'm pretty happy to have the results that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

hmm ok cool, would you be able to PM where you got your done just to enquire about the technology and see how much they charge now. So I was going to try somewhere else but maybe I should give this place another go and see what it's like after the second session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I'm having my chin and upper lip done in Dundrum medical centre - just after finishing treatment 5 and have really noticed a massive improvement after the 4 treatment onwards. In Dundrum you can paid for single treatments or a 2yr treatment - which covers however many sessions you require for a particular areas over those two years - I though it was really good value. Then after the 2yr are over and you go back for the touch up treatments you are only charged 25% of the price for the single treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

just a few quick questions about laser...
    1. where is the best place to get it done?
    2. is it true u have to shave the area before each session?
    3. most importantly, is it sore?
    thanks girlies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hi White_Feather - hope these answers help you some

1. I can't answer that fully - only have where i go to compare to - which is dundrum clinic, they use a diodide laser there and it really just depends on your skin colur/type and darkness of hair against it which laser would suit you. I'd recommend you just do abit of research on it on the net and see what your type is and what laser would work well for you and then get some patch tests done in a few clinics.

2. Yes its true - the technician shaved the area for me before the patch test and she shaves it now before each treatment - felt really horrible to have to shave my face but for the results I'm getting it was really worth it! Between the seasons you can't wax/pluck/bleach so your only option is to shave yourself if there is any hair showing through. This really bothered me for a while and after treatment 4 i still need to shave every second day to get rid of the stubly feel but no hair really showing its just the odd stragglers and then lighter hairs that you can't see but I can feel.

3. I don't think its sore anyway. Its just hot and when the technician put the intensity of the laser up it was even hotter on my face but i wouldn't call it painful! They'll stop and let you cool down abit before they go again if its getting too much for you - but as I said its grand really!

Advertisement