Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Ford Mondeo Rust

Options
  • 08-09-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have a mk 3 mondeo, pre face lift model, I've noticed a rust problem on two of my doors. After doing a bit of searching I've found that this is a problem with these cars and ford has paid for the repairs. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and which garage they used as i think some garages aren't doing the repairs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd expect an 03 car to still be under an anti corrosion warranty, to be honest. Have you got the paperwork the car came with? 8 to 10 years anti corrosion is common enough these days (since Fiat did 8 in 1993...). If its under warranty any dealer or registered service agent should do it.

edit:
    Quick google for 'ford anti corrosion warranty' suggests an 03 Mondeo should have a 12 year one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want Ford to cover the cost of treating the rust on the doors then you will need to contact Ford Ireland directly rather than a garage.

Also before you go about doing this, if you bought the car second hand just ensure that the rust is not caused by a poor repair job from previous accident damage.

Best of luck.

Advertisement