Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smell !!!

Options
  • 08-09-2008 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

tom cat got in to my car last night and must have slept there this morning the smell in the car is unreal any one know how to get rid of smell short of taking all seats out and getting full valet HELP PLEASE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's a few different things you could try.

Cleaning the seats with washing powder.
    Afterwards spray the area with surgical spirit (test a small section first).
    Wipe down car surfaces with warm water and vinegar and rinse off by wiping.

If this doesn't get rid of the whiff then you might have to get a full valet, if it's gone down into the foamy part of the seats you might have to get them really well cleaned.

It can really pong don't envy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

you should be able to pick up a bottle of four paws stain & odour remover in any pet shop wich should do the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh i feel your pain. I had the same problem a few weeks back when a tom cat sprayed my new sitting room curtains. My god its strong stuff!!:eek::eek:
    Dry cleaning didnt work and actually made it worse...wish id heard about that Four Paws stuff!
    Sorry ..not really any advice for ya im afraid just sympathising with you!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

If possible, get it neutered. It might become a creature of habit & you'll never get rid of the smell.
    Otherwise, get some biological washing powder or soda crystals. Mix with boiling water & scrub.
    Leave half a lemon in your car, it'll absorb the smell.
    Any amonia based cleaner will only make the smell worse.

Do NOT use bleach, you'll set off a stink bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

OMG theres nothing worse try vinegar and bicarbonated soda

• Advertisement
Advertisement