Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem uploading Jpegs to website

Options
  • 08-09-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

PC; Vista Ultimate x64.

I'm a photographer and a client of mine is having problems uploading Jpegs to their website.

This is the first time this has ever happened with them or anyone else.

With previous files that I have submitted to them, when they right-click on a file and choose Properties, there are two tabs, General and Summary.

However, when they right-click on these jpegs they get either three or four tabs: General, Summary, NetWare Version, OR, General, Summary, NetWare Info, NetWare Rights.

(Note: This is when right-clicking on files that have been transferred from the DVD to their server. Unfortunately, there wasn't a non-networked computer that they could just check Properties directly from the DVD.)

When I right-click on the files in on my Vista x64 machine, I have three tabs: General, Details, Previous Versions. That's all.

The problem is that they can't upload any of the jpegs to their website. When they try, it crashes.

I'm not aware of having made any chages to my workflow and these are just bog-standard jpegs and tiffs that I'm giving them.

Any idea what might be wrong or what I should ask them to try?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

How are they uploading these images?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

axer,

I don't know, but I can find out if necessary.

What really bothers me is that when they right click/properties, on one of my Jpeg files, now shows two extra tabs (NetWare Info, NetWare Rights) that I'm pretty sure I didn't put there and I'd like to know why they appear on their computer?

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    axer,

I don't know, but I can find out if necessary.

What really bothers me is that when they right click/properties, on one of my Jpeg files, now shows two extra tabs (NetWare Info, NetWare Rights) that I'm pretty sure I didn't put there and I'd like to know why they appear on their computer?

Thanks.

D.
    That is only because novell netware is installed on their computer. It is nothing to do with the files themselves. Is the computer in question part of a network or was it part of a network?

Yes, the computer they're looking at the files on is part of the network.

They have only one computer which is not part of the network (a laptop) and the Properties tabs appear to be the usual when the files are opened on this machine.

The problem is they're saying that these jpegs are making the system crash, where as previous jpegs that I supplied did not and they're wondering if I have change anything about the files.

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't. When I process a batch of TIFF files, I create a corresponding folder of Jpegs using File/Image Processor in Photoshop CS3. That's all. So, the Jpegs being produced should be identical to those being produced previously.

I have a feeling that the problem is at their end, but you know how it is! ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

D.

Yes, the computer they're looking at the files on is part of the network.

They have only one computer which is not part of the network (a laptop) and the Properties tabs appear to be the usual when the files are opened on this machine.
    Then it is just because netware is install so dont mind that.
    The problem is they're saying that these jpegs are making the system crash, where as previous jpegs that I supplied did not and they're wondering if I have change anything about the files.
    Are the jpegs in RGB or CMYK colour space?

• Advertisement

axer wrote: »

Are the jpegs in RGB or CMYK colour space?

Always sRGB and TIFFs are always delivered in Adobe RGB 1998.

I never convert anything to CMYK. That's the designer's/printer's job as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement