Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin ink set to launch

Options
  • 08-09-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

WELL I HEAR THE STORIES ARE TRUE!! DUBLIN INK IS OPENING IN THE NXT FEW MONTHS.. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR F***ING AGES FOR IT.. GLAD THEY GOT THE FINGER OUT. HEARD THERE IS A WAITING LIST. NOT SURE HOW TO GET ON THE BLOODY THING DO :confused::confused::confused: SHOULD BE GOOD. ANY BODY KNOW EXACTLY WHOS WORKING THERE???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

/CAPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jonh2828

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lets hope you don't want to get a script tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

How reliable is this info? I think someone might be yankin your crank. There's no info that I can find online about it so far, there's already an LA and a Miami Ink. London Ink just started to be broadcast and I can't really see a Dublin Ink having the population/demographic to stand as a show. Besides, who wants to watch a show aboout 4 lads in a tattoo studio doing neo-tribals, childrens names and celtic tattoos all day :D

I think Irish people are starting to open up to the bigger and better work through shows like LA and Miami ink ect, i have a full sleeve myself 2 legs near finished and its all jap work for the most part anyway. as far as demographic goes , they must be able to justify it to the tv stations ay:o!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think dublin would be a good city for it.
    If you look past the crappy art that people get (which is in every city) there are some people who really love tattoo art, and a good scene for it.
    And of course, this will just make it better.
    If its tue that is.
    Besides, idk, maybe they want two parlors in each area, and i could see Dublin ink being better than say, Manchester ink or Glasgo ink.
    Ya know?

Idk, im all for the idea if its true.
    Interested to see either way.

jonh2828 wrote: »
    I think Irish people are starting to open up to the bigger and better work through shows like LA and Miami ink ect, i have a full sleeve myself 2 legs near finished and its all jap work for the most part anyway. as far as demographic goes , they must be able to justify it to the tv stations ay:o!?

I wanna see this ink!
    I say you head over to the I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

So funny we mention dublin ink then a new guy comes along and MENTIONS IT ALL IN CAPS

but yeah, you need a big deep story behind it all, as was mentioned on their bebo site, ya cant just go in and get work done by a decent artist... has to be deep and meaningful and get them good ratings

Will wrote: »
    So funny we mention dublin ink then a new guy comes along and MENTIONS IT ALL IN CAPS

but yeah, you need a big deep story behind it all, as was mentioned on their bebo site, ya cant just go in and get work done by a decent artist... has to be deep and meaningful and get them good ratings

Deep meaningfull and mad the fcuk up! ;)

geh?

• Advertisement

They dont know us, we could say what ever we want, after a bit of acting practice, and they woud just accept it a the truth!

yeah i'd love to try make up a story about getting a mad side piece and try associate to all the kittens i've killed

You are recovering from a serious addiction and he killing of the kittehs refers to the gear. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

if this does go ahead i doubt it will be part of the discovery channel franchise.. dublin doesn't fit into the london,miami etc..sequence. so my guess would be that we're looking at a typical RTE rehash of a sucessful foreign show format, with the quality falling short of the original programme.
    and sorry, but i honestly think miami stink and the spin-off shows are pretty wanky - too far removed from the reality of getting a tattoo, the lifestyle that goes with being a tattooist etc.. some decent tattoos but really its too much icing, not enough cake.
    the exception i think is 'ink wars', some great storys behind the history of the art, interviews with the tattooists and generally not having the hollywood vibe the other shows have.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Will wrote: »
    yeah i'd love to try make up a story about getting a mad side piece and try associate to all the kittens i've killed

Might I suggest this:

deathapproach128653844247810127.jpg

You could go off with some sob story about how "you'll never forget the look of terror on little Fluffy's face as you accidentaly on purpose reversed over him in the driveway, and you're getting this tattoo to remind you of the bad crazy cat killing times and how you'll look at this every time you feel the urge to kill one and remind yourself that you're better than all that now" Tears may or may not be appropriate at this stage. Play it by ear.:pac:

Toots85 wrote: »
    Tears may or may not be appropriate at this stage. Play it by ear.:pac:

Your talking to a mancore lad, if there is a tear it may only be one manly one.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

CianRyan wrote: »
    Your talking to a mancore lad, if there is a tear it may only be one manly one.

Could be a fake one though, we'd let him away with that. Emotions make for good TV!

I think some rules coul dbe swung for that.
    Now imagine a 6 foot 2 ginger block crying about kittens.

BEST
    SHOW
    EVER
    !
    !
    !

I smell an emmy!!! Lol!!

u guys are so funny! should be on tv!! huahawhauhahwa:D:D

• Advertisement

and dont be mean to us newbies, may scare us away?!!:o

and dont be mean to us newbies, may scare us away?!!:o

So puttin dead cats in ur drink would be......bad???

Bahahahaha, i dont think he gets the dead cats joke yet!
    there's a newbie thread, go forth and tell us about yourself! :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    Bahahahaha, i dont think he gets the dead cats joke yet!
    there's a newbie thread, go forth and tell us about yourself! :)

Hell I don't even get it yet!! All I know is there's some sort of link between them and Will.

Read the first few pages of the O.T.B. thread.
    It use to be O.T.B./Will Bashing.

I really dot know how it all started...

We'll find out at the beers!!!

Lets just hope we dont smell cat off him, or i'll be having some serious words. :pac:

I don't know what dead cat smell like! Nor do I want to!! Cat pee on the other hand...........

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well I hear the stories are true!! Dublin Ink is opening in the next few months.. We have been waiting for f***ing ages for it.. Glad they got the finger out. Heard there is a waiting list. Not sure how to get on the bloody thing tho :confused::confused::confused: Should be good. Any body know exactly who's working there???

Guessing you're working there... ;)

Seriously tho, what's the story with it? Is it just a new tattoo parlour or is it something that there's gonna be a tv show around? I'd imagine it'll be smaller scale than the other ink shows given that it's Ireland!!! If so, is it just going to be another of the BS things where you need some sob story about it being dedicated to the memory of your dead canary who meant so much to you as they alerted you to the carbon monoxide levels being too high when you worked down the mines?

• Advertisement

He already told us he has links to the show Damo :)

We shall see how it goes, let's hope it's somewhat decent, I want a piercing show damn it!!

Advertisement