Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Christmas Night out ... Ever?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

http://skeptic.org.uk/news/2008/1219
    Well, to prove that he does enjoy this season of laziness, alcoholism and regret, he is presenting a rational celebration of the Christmas season in the guise of Nine Lessons and Carols for Godless People. Rather than talking of Jesus’s birth, acclaimed science author Simon Singh will talk about the birth of the universe. Instead of talking about Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, Bad Science Columnist Ben Goldacre will talk of alternative medicine and charlatans, while Josie Long will talk about the wonder of the stars.

So far the confirmed speakers are Stewart Lee, Phill Jupitus, Mark Thomas (who might be bringing along his grandfather’s travelling harmonium for a carol sing-a-long), Natalie Haynes, Chris Addison, Ben Goldacre, Christina Martin, Simon Singh, Josie Long, Jo Neary and Richard Dawkins.

Music will be provided by Tim Minchin, Darren Hayman, Robyn Hitchcock, Phil Harris, Gavin Osborn, Colin Watson (aka Waen Shepherd) the fabulous Martin White Orchestra and more TBC

Sounds great ... I'm booking my tickets now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That actually sounds like it could be a great night out. I'll have to give a bit of thought into whether I could make it or not. They haven't said how much the tickets are, have they?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sounds like a great night, alright.
    It’s not just for agnostics and atheists, hopefully it will be a night celebrating the wonder of the universe so as long as you’re not a crazed fundamentalist you can enjoy it. If you are a crazed fundamentalist, then please come and hold a placard up outside and shout like a halfwit.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Is it just me or is it not listed on the theatre website?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

pH wrote: »
    http://skeptic.org.uk/news/2008/1219

Sounds great ... I'm booking my tickets now :)

Where and how do I sign up for that?

Advertisement