Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

assault vest

Options
  • 08-09-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

ok i have a friend that is starting to get in to airsoft. we were out the weekend and i gave him one of my vests to hold the extra mags and stuff,

but the problem is he is left handed and puts the butt of the gun in to his left shoulder and found that he couldnt aim or hold the gun properly because the pouches on the shoulder where in the way.

so im looking to try and find a left handed vest for him all the ones i can find on the net have pouches on the left and nothing on the right but i need the other way around.

also if it had a left hand cross draw it would be a bonus!

any help in this matter will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

hes just looking for something simple like this

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=282

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ive use a load of different vests in the past, including the swat type one and some of them are terrible, aswell as the pistol holster being on the wrong side. the viper SAAV is suitable to a leftie since it doesn pack the shoulders of the vest with pouches. its also good in the way you can switch to right handed with it, rather than just having pouches on one side to suit a particular preference., theres also stuff like the molle plate carriers that you can customise. i got one from cheeky monkey and its very comfy and dont interfere with me aiming left handed at all. the best thing to do realistically is to go to the walk in shops and try them on for comfort.

cheers vtec i was telling him about the molle but i think its abit out of his price reach.

never actually thought of the SAAV i have one that he can try out next time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i think a seller on ebay called "bidchart" sells the plate carrier, its not really expencive but again you customise it with pouches it might start to add up., the SAAV is the way to go really. ive been using one for ages up until i got stuck in the tree with it and then dragged from a river., :D

vtec wrote: »
    ive been using one for ages up until i got stuck in the tree with it and then dragged from a river., :D

stuck up a tree:D:D that would be a sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

i eventually got a molle vest after months of putting it off and havent looked back they are great, plus with the molle mags you can stack them on top of each other on one side of the rig, i prefer to have my right side as clutter free as possible when playing, so having some kind of molle vest is great.

if he does what i did ,he will buy a few different vests until he gets one he likes, at least with molle he can customise.

i bought a molle vest from this guy and he is excellent the kit is quality not chinese acm gear, and if your buying pouches etc he will do a deal for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tactical-Vest-Wrap-Around-MOLLE-Webbing-Matrix-BLACK_W0QQitemZ300256650590QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300256650590&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

cheers john il pass that on to him and see what he thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The other idea might be to start your friend off with a SSAV and see how he gets on with it. The only problem with them is that the pouches are sewn on, but if it works out for him he can upgrade to a MOLLE vest later and put stuff wherever suits him. It's really something you have to play around with until it suits you.

A chest rig style might be worth a look also, they usually have both shoulders free and are very affordable.

I'm 80% left-handed, but like all lefties, have had to learn how to live in a RH world. It might be worth your mate's while to check which eye is dominant... the only reason I shoot right-handed is because my right eye is stronger. If your mate is left-eye dominant or neutral, carry on. If right-eye dominant, at least give the right shoulder a try for a day and see how it goes. The right arm muscles will learn soon enough if they have to. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

you can get a molle one quite cheap with some pouches included. then build up with it every now and then. The acm ones are good enough IMHO. He will get a year out of it and to be honest, if he is still playing by then, he will be living on beans on toast to get the latest and greatest kit like the rest of us!! LOL

just remember to weave the molle over the vest back into the pouch back into the vest etc etc . that makes them very rigid and even if the metal clasp pops, it aint moving..

i have not tried the ones vtec was talking about but people do rave about them.

Advertisement