Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal aspects of re-selling

Options
  • 08-09-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi there,

If one wants to set up a ltd, how legal is it to buy sale stock from heatons, dunnes, adams, tesco, etc and re-sell it outside Ireland???

Any opinions much appreciated.

Thanks,

Magic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You own it, you can sell it, in general.

They may not sell to you in commercial quantities.

They may not be willing to give you a VAT receipt.

However, these are all quite high-priced suppliers. I can't see how you could make money doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Magic

you've posted similar things about this before, Primark if I remember rightly.

As I said before you seriously should fly to china and have a look around over there, I've just returned from Hong Kong and the amount of companies dying to trade with overseas business on a wholesale basis is huge.

imo you cannot suceed if you are buying retail (or even wholesale) goods in Ireland and shipping them somewhere and trying to make a profit.

If your serious book a flight, spend 3 nights there, it'll cost you about €1000 and your eyes will be opened by whats on offer (and I don't mean by whats in Wanchai ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Thank you for your opinions.

Yes, I was making enquiries about Primark a couple of months ago...

What I would like to do is buy the sale stock (not all, just bits and bobs) and re-sell it...For one third of the RRP and sometimes even less as sale price, I might be able to make some profit re-selling the items...

I checked alibaba.com and took a look at a couple of suppliers, I am not thinking that big, at least not yet. The other thing would be the quality, I would like to hope that you can get the same quality as in Penneys or Adams and not worse than that....

Regarding VAT receipts, I don't expect it to be easy to track down VAT numbers for the retailers, at least I'm gonna try...although for kids clothes (where there's no VAT applied), it wouldn't really matter.

Cheers,
    Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There really must be people who can supply stock to you at better prices than primark.

I think you may be underestimating the markup you need to have to make a clothes store viable.

Advertisement