Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm stuck in ocarina of time for gamecube

Options
  • 08-09-2008 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

i used an action replay code to give me all the tunics(plz dont give out to me for using a cheat) in the game, but now when i return to goron city as an adult, i cant get the goron thats rolling around to open the door to Darunia's room or the goron shop.

the reason i cheated was that i got very far into the game and my bro gave my n64 cartdridge away so i had to start all over. but i just used the code to give me an easier way to get back to where i was

i was able to sucessfully bomb the goron and talk to him, but the doors still remain solid shut, ie, the chief gorons door and the goron city shop door

plz, if anyone can over anymore help, i'd really apprecite it

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Your own fault. Winners don't use cheats!

Did you try using a bomb to stop him?

Seriously using cheats to give you items only accessible later in games is asking to have your game broken. Play the game normally next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0 is right - use a bomb.

Don't cheat !!! -- Especially in one of the greatest games ever made... you'll ruin the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Having the tunics there shouldn't make a difference, a well-timed bomb will stop the Goron.

Just to continue the theme: cheating is bad.
    You can get those tunics for free later anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

Seriously using cheats to give you items only accessible later in games is asking to have your game broken. Play the game normally next time.[/quote]

the game is on gamecube so it wont be broken by using action replay, plus, i never use it unless i've completed the game before, just this time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bolgey wrote: »
    the game is on gamecube so it wont be broken by using action replay, plus, i never use it unless i've completed the game before, just this time

I meant it as creating game destroying bugs that won't let you finish the game and forcing you to start over without cheats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its been a few years since I played it, so I looked it up.

When you bomb the goron as Adult Link, he should stop. After you talk to him for a bit, he should open the storeroom for you where you'll get the goron tunic (needed to get into the crater for death mountain).

It looks to me that when he opens the storeroom, the shop and darunia's room automatically open (and you need to go through darunia's room to get to the Fire Temple).

What happens after your conversation with the rolling goron? Are you wearing the goron tunic at the time? Try changing over to the regular tunic before talking to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Bolgey wrote: »
    i used an action replay code to give me all the tunics(plz dont give out to me for using a cheat) in the game, but now when i return to goron city as an adult, i cant get the goron thats rolling around to open the door to Darunia's room or the goron shop.

the reason i cheated was that i got very far into the game and my bro gave my n64 cartdridge away so i had to start all over. but i just used the code to give me an easier way to get back to where i was

i was able to sucessfully bomb the goron and talk to him, but the doors still remain solid shut, ie, the chief gorons door and the goron city shop door

plz, if anyone can over anymore help, i'd really apprecite it

Look at the two bolded parts.
    This is why it's messed up. This problem is entirely your own creation.
    Stop cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

OoT is one of the greatest games ever made. To cheat in such an epic tale is doing the game and it's developers no justice. Restart your game and don't use any cheats. You'll appreciate it more.

Advertisement