Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car audio question

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm in the middle of making small upgrades to my audio system.. Currently the car has two rear stock speakers still in place and two pioneer dual cone speakers up front in the doors for now going into my head unit.
    I'm planning on buying a component system for the front and then moving my previous fronts into the back. Would there be any issue doing this? ie; mixing dual cone and components on one system?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

should be ok. what sizes are the speakers in question? why do you want to swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I'm un decided between 17cm and 13 cm speakers
    This is the speakers

I noticed a slight difference between the 17 and 13's other than size; the 17's can reproduce a lower frequency.. which has it's advantages

Anyway i'm swapping out because if i put the new speakers in the front door they'll give better sound and also the holes in the back are on a plastic mould holding my parcel shelf (too much work to modify compared to door).

The 13's would fit the door easily and save me a lotta hassle.. tough choice.

Advertisement