Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good suit???

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

This one here:
    rip-classic-2009.png
    Description
    Rip Curl 5x3 Classic 2009 Wetsuit

A new generation of revolution

Just when you thought wetsuits couldn't get any better, Rip Curl is proud to introduce the third generation of their Elastomax neoprene - E3.
    E3 not only redefines perceptions of flexibility, it is also lighter and warmer then ever before. E2 had previously been considered the benchmark in superstretch neoprene, but the newly developed E3 has smashed those standards and introduced aa new era of high performance wetsuits.

Would this be a good suit for the winter?I assume its a 5/3 thickness??which should be good for most of the year?
    Im new to this whole thing so let me know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

only one way to be sure, go and find somewhere that sells it and try it on. Tubes in Cork, Reef in Tbay, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Ya but does the 5 X 3 in the title mean its a 5mm thick suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Shane_O wrote: »
    Ya but does the 5 X 3 in the title mean its a 5mm thick suit?
    Yea. It means it's 5mm thick on the body (the core) and 3mm thick on the arms and legs.

Also see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368823

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

how much is d wetsuit costing ya??? looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Macanri wrote: »
    Yea. It means it's 5mm thick on the body (the core) and 3mm thick on the arms and legs.

Also see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368823

bet me to it, nice one, personally Shane O I'd invest in a good pair of gloves, boots and hoodie as well if you intend to surf late autumn into winter.
    your extremities will feel it most and you lose more of your body heat out through your head! and the hood will help with the icecream headaches as well!
    A good rashvest give you some added and welcome insulation, but will add to the bulk of a 5/3. but worth it if your out there waiting. use your common sense
    though, know when to get out. Then down the pub, for some grub, and a smile! (my new one liner :))

Thanks for the advice guys.

getting it on kingofwatersports.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

how late into the year will you get away with a 3/2 suit with rashie in irish waters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

That would all depend on how cold the late autum, winter and early spring months are. But I'ld say you could still wear it til end of october and start wearing it again around St Patricks Day (17th March). But I'm fairly tollerant of the cold!!

Advertisement