Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options-BB with no phone connection

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Have just moved house and have no phone socket, do have TV aerial thouh.

Have been looking around and I have concluded that
    -Clearwire are ****e
    -3's broadband is ****e

So what is my best option?
    I'd like to have pretty good speeds, to allow you to watch movies online etc if you wanted to. If this is an impossibility would settle for slower connection speeds to use for just college stuff.

I'm located near UCD, so I imagine reception won't be an issue?

Any advice appreciated, I miss BT broadband from home so much already :P

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not IBB Ripwave either, or O2, or Vodaphone. Those by OECD standards are not Broadband.

IBB/Imagine Breeze,
    Digiweb any wireless /Metro product,
    UPC/NTL Cable.

Obviously all DSL products need phone line (BT, eircom, Smart, Magnet, Digiweb, UTV, IBB/Imagine, Perlico/Vodaphone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Thanks for reply.

Strangely enough, NTL don't provide the service in my area (even though, like I said I'm living just outside UCD :rolleyes:) So, is didweb my best bet out of a bad lot would anyone say?

I've seen a lot of negative press about Digiweb, IBB and clearwire, but it seeems to be coming out the best of the three, correct?

Is this the extent of my options, there are no other providers for non-DSL line, right?

Cheers:)

Advertisement