Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pup keeps eating grass..

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, got a male westie pup last week and when hes out in the garden he tends to eat/dig up the grass for no reason at all..he just walks around sniffing then next of all hes chowing down..any ideas on how to stop him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Don't worry about it, all dogs eat grass at one time or another. Sometimes it's out of boredom (especially if it's combined with digging), sometimes to settle an upset stomach, etc.

It's perfectly normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_dogs_eat_grass&alreadyAsked=1

From what i have heard it helps there digestive track so no need to worry :)

XxlauraxX!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Absolutely nothing to worry about, both my guys do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Our collie eats nettles; makes us wince but clearly she needs them. T'other dog and the cats eat grass. all natural and healthy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I always wondered this too actually

Advertisement