Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomodation help

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

basically im living in bellgrove and hate it and im in a twin room. i really need new accomodation but there dosnt seem to be any anywhere. any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

radgirl19 wrote: »
    basically im living in bellgrove and hate it and im in a twin room. i really need new accomodation but there dosnt seem to be any anywhere. any ideas???

Yeah I know. I am living next across from girls that have to share a room.I don't think it's fair.You paid the same price and deserve a bit of privacy but I really dont think there is much you can do:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Yeah I know. I am living next across from girls that have to share a room.I don't think it's fair.You paid the same price and deserve a bit of privacy but I really dont think there is much you can do:(
    i thought twin rooms were cheaper
    i guess i was just lucky i got a single room
    quiet here tonight in belgrove

your best option might to look off campus and most on campus are full up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

shanegj wrote: »
    i thought twin rooms were cheaper
    i guess i was just lucky i got a single room
    quiet here tonight in belgrove

your best option might to look off campus and most on campus are full up

Lol not around where I am .go to the square with the 30's:D

Lol not around where I am .go to the square with the 30's:D
    oh lol i'm up at belgroves forgotten square so its always quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

my flat was very noisy untill a while ago, when some guy came up and told everyone who wasnt living here that they had 5 mins to leave :eek:

• Advertisement

a load of people have just left the house beside mine, i think a party may just have been stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 radgirl19

i really dont like belgrove!!. im here to get a degree yet everyone else seems to be here to drink!!! im fair depressed tonight im dreading the next 4 yrs here!!! every1 seems to have come with friends and dosnt want to make new ones!! i dont know anyone here and im really lonely :(:(:(:(

i really dont like belgrove!!. im here to get a degree yet everyone else seems to be here to drink!!! im fair depressed tonight im dreading the next 4 yrs here!!! every1 seems to have come with friends and dosnt want to make new ones!! i dont know anyone here and im really lonely :(:(:(:(
    its kind of the same for me as i know nobody up here both flat mates gone out drinking and i personaly don't drink

dont worry, youll get to know people, its only been a few days. I dont know anybody either, loads of people dont and most, whether they know people or not, are very eager to make new friends.

Edit: I do drink but im very lazy tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I know what you mean about everybody seeming to want to get pissed. Heck, the first speech that was given to us was from a hung-over Arts Soc member basically glamourising getting wasted. I was like *face-palm*.

Why don't you go along to the boards meet-up at The Egg tomorrow at 1? I'm sure you'll meet some like-minded people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Geo08

Boardsie house for you lot in yr 2 :pac:
    Aard wrote: »
    the first speech that was given to us was from a hung-over Arts Soc member basically glamourising getting wasted.

I wish i could be shocked about this lol

i drank till i got here but watching every1 around here made me stop! ud swear they were usually locked up at home and had no freedom!! my flat mates are all gone off with there mates from school. so im just here on my laptop and will head off soon to sleep only to be woken up in my twin room when my roommate comes back with a guy into our room like the past 2 nights she has slept here :mad::mad:

only to be woken up in my twin room when my roommate comes back with a guy into our room like the past 2 nights she has slept here :mad::mad:

thats awful, id go crazy if i had to deal with that

my roommate comes back with a guy into our room
    That's totally not on. Have a word with her about it. Or I'm sure there's some authority you can complain to; maybe they'll end up giving you a single room.

Having people sleep over isn't allowed you could tell them at reception or what ever its called

i complained and the woman at reception accused me of imagining it!! and then i asked for a single room and they were like tough look!! ull have to look off campus.......ive rang lots of places and i cant get accomodation anywhere!! and its gonna be extra hard makin friends off campus............

That's totally not on. Have a word with her about it. Or I'm sure there's some authority you can complain to; maybe they'll end up giving you a single room.

+1

Not on at all & might actually be a good way to get a single. Do come meet with us all 2mor if you can, I for one (& I saw a lot of these groups today) dont have any friends from school to hang off as *ahem* im a tad older & all my mates are responsible & in work :p

then we can all go get sh!tfaced & come back to yours & wake her up :D

ps im not on campus!

definitely do that, you've nothing to lose except an arsehole of a room mate

you could try asking your mentor if you got one or try student union for help

Or programme officer? not sure how much they would help, but if you said it was affecting your ability to study?

Just out of interest, what are you studying & what are your (drunken) flatmates doing?

• Advertisement

is anyone else sick of random people ringing there doorbells??? its so annoying!!!!!!!!

but re the room mate thing i said it to her this morning and was like sorry but i couldnt get him to go home!! but there is no chance of a single room but i think i will email the su about off campus cos i cant stick this crap!!

ps where is every1 from??

is anyone else sick of random people ringing there doorbells??? its so annoying!!!!!!!!

but re the room mate thing i said it to her this morning and was like sorry but i couldnt get him to go home!! but there is no chance of a single room but i think i will email the su about off campus cos i cant stick this crap!!

ps where is every1 from??
    I don't have people ringing the bell but i'm on the ground floor so everybody who walks past always looks in

to anwser your last Q i'm from Waterford

OP, everything is negotiable. There HAS to be a code of conduct for the on-campus accomodation, otherwise they'd be getting sued left, right and centre. If you tell the woman on reception, or whoever is in charge, that you would like to know how to make an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT then you will be taken a lot more seriously. If you were given any info on what is expected of you as a tennant, then use this as back up. From the sounds of it, the woman on reception couldn't be arsed doing her job properly; again, this is not on - ask to talk with somebody her superior and that might get her moving.

EDIT: I'm from Dublin.

I'm from limerick, which is where all my friends are... #i'm all alone, theres no one here beside me...

Technically im from london, but been living in dublin down by dun laoghaire last 6 years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

A bit of fibre glass in her bed when shes not looking, and that should stop her using her bed at all!:D

im from cork which now seems so far away!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

im from cork which now seems so far away!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I feel the same but i'm not as far as you
    but its only a bus ride away
    Do you go home for weekends

Just make sure you visit home often. Trust me, there's no feeling worse than homesickness.

• Advertisement

ya im gonna go home everyweekend for a while. the aircoach is only 20 euro. i just hope i settle in! i suppose today was the real first day so i maybe things wiil improve over the week...... thanks for replying to my thread though having someone to talk to on this made me feel better.

Advertisement