Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriends 30th - what present???

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Bf is 30 at the end of October & I haven't yet bought anything as a pressie - need help!

He likes
    • Darts
    • Horse racing
    • Playstation
    • Internet
    • Boozing!
    • Football - Man U
    • Not a fitness freak
    • Hates spas (the health kind!)
    • Not too good on heights
    • Doesn't smoke
    • Not driving yet
    • Has travelled to NY, San Fran, Spain, Portugal, Prague, Algarve, Fuertaventura
    • Likes pubbing rather than clubbing
    • Wears good clothes but not really a 'clothes' person

If I think of anything else I'll let you know! Budget fairly flexible but not off the wall huge!

Any ideas of what to get?

Cheers,
    S
    (PS using mates account in case your wondering why Tom has a boyfriend!):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Bf is 30 at the end of October & I haven't yet bought anything as a pressie - need help!

He likes
    • Darts
    • Horse racing
    • Playstation
    • Internet
    • Boozing!
    • Football - Man U
    • Not a fitness freak
    • Doesn't smoke
    • Not driving yet
    • Has travelled to NY, San Fran, Spain, Portugal, Prague, Algarve, Fuertaventura

If I think of anything else I'll let you know! Budget fairly flexible but not off the wall huge!

Cheers,
    S

Buy him a course of driving lessons since he's not driving yet, but only if you think he wants to get on the road.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Might be better looking for advice in the Gifts & Festivity & Party Ideas forum to avoid being told to get him "your ma" as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

A threesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

day at the races - leopardstown is on november 02
    cork november 01

weekend to manchester - football match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PS3 and big tv to play it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A book of 30 sexual favours to be redeemed at any time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

He likes
    • Darts
    • Horse racing
    • Playstation
    • Internet
    • Boozing!
    • Football - Man U
    • Not a fitness freak
    • Doesn't smoke
    • Not driving yet

Cheers,
    S

I'm not good with heights either but did a skydive last summer and can't wait to do it again.

Check out skydive.ie. They're the Irish Skydiving Club, located in Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I'm in and around 30 :-) My wifey just got me a usb foam missile launcher... it's so cool... you can get them here and they're totally cool!:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/web-cam-missile-launcher/index.html

In general... you want to think of regression presents... like a remote control car... or a lego set or something... honestly... no male regardless of age, will be unhappy if you get him something remote controlled.

Actually, you can get very inexpensive remote controlled helicopters and planes these days.

Go for something fun is what I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Excellent! I have bought loads of xmas stuff from them but never thought of using it for birthdays - must go shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Sounds very like my boyfriend except for the driving and Man Utd bit. Has he got a dartboard? Or a PS3? You could send him to Cheltenham in November (that's what I'm doing ;)).

Sounds very like my boyfriend except for the driving and Man Utd bit. Has he got a dartboard? Or a PS3? You could send him to Cheltenham in November (that's what I'm doing ;)).

What festival is in November - or is it just a regular race day? Don't know much about it but it sounds like a good idea - I'll definatley look into it

Saibh wrote: »
    day at the races - leopardstown is on november 02
    cork november 01

weekend to manchester - football match

Are tickets to see Man U at home not very difficult to get??

What festival is in November - or is it just a regular race day? Don't know much about it but it sounds like a good idea - I'll definatley look into it

I don't know that much about it tbh, the big festival is on every year in March, the one in November isn't as big, I think it's 3 days racing, I don't know what the standard is like, my boyfriend is just going on the saturday and sunday. There's a list of all the fixtures here on the Cheltenham Racecouse site http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/default.html

He's been going to the March festival for the last few years, but went to the November festival last year and loved it. He went in January too, it's just one days trials, but if he's interested in racing he might be like that too.

Are tickets to see Man U at home not very difficult to get??

sometimes supporter clubs have spares that aren't taken by members, they're usually for the less popular games though. Some tour operators sell packages for Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal games, but they're quite expensive.

Advertisement