Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone want to Tune some Vox for me?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Guys, This is driving me up the bloody wall. I cannot for the life of me tune these three vocal tracks and I really should have them done. If there are any very good tuners out there who is willing to try it in their spare time I would be very grateful. They cannot be redone and the guy has AWFUL vibrato.

Putting it out there anyway as I am here pulling my hair out when I should be working on other projects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

sei046 wrote: »
    Guys, This is driving me up the bloody wall. I cannot for the life of me tune these three vocal tracks and I really should have them done. If there are any very good tuners out there who is willing to try it in their spare time I would be very grateful. They cannot be redone and the guy has AWFUL vibrato.

Putting it out there anyway as I am here pulling my hair out when I should be working on other projects.

Err......... No thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

I'll do it for ya! I have time on wednesday so if ya can get them to me by then.

Can you put them on an ftp for me????

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Have you tried sending it to a stereo pitch shift with left up a few cents and right down a few. Can really work wonders when autotune can't cut it.
    Anyway put it magaupload and I'll have a go. I will know in 30 seconds flat if I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

sei046 wrote: »
    They cannot be redone and the guy has AWFUL vibrato.QUOTE]
    then you're REALLY ****ed. Time-stretch/pitch shift algorithms do not play nice with vibrato (especially sh1t attempts at vibrato).

I got rid of my melodyne LE version the other day (by accident- don't ask) so can't help ya.

Anywho, shouldn't we all be takin a stand against autotune etc.?

Just me then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Guys thats really great. Will upload the stuff tomorrow at some stage. The problem is the guy just doesnt have a great voice so even in tune he doesnt sound great. And controlling his vibrato and making it sound natural is very tough. If its a thing that you lads can do a great job then I have no problem looking after you for whatever.

Flat to the matt working on a few other albums and trying to get tracks off to other studios so any help is great.

Thanks guys, Watch this space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

I will know in 30 seconds flat if I can help.

Pun intended, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

teamdresch wrote: »
    Pun intended, I hope.
    You are a sharp man spotting that :-)

just tried to download that file but rapidshare gives me an error each time.

Can you check it?

Its working for me man. Dunno what it could be, could someone else check?

• Advertisement

It says something ke, as a free user the file will take too long to download, please sign up as a premium user to download.

Feck it, it only cost the price of a pint for 3 days so.....

If you havent done so already give me a PM and I will give you my login details!

Sei

I have one of them done for you. It's not too bad, there are a few slight digital artifacts on some vibrato parts but if you give it a nice wash of reverb it might help hide it.

I'll PM you a link to download an mp3, if you think it is better I will do the others and upload the 24bit wav's.

Cheers man, These are getting sent off in the morning so panic stations here. Any help is great.

Advertisement