Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirens in Charlesland

Options
  • 08-09-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Anyone know what all the commotion is tonight in charlesland - my son was told somebody was stabbed...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

what time was this at? I haven't seen or heard anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

yeah ,...heard that too!! mad shít goin down below the cresent..ambulance...bout 5 squad cars round the place..all happened fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Bout 8.40 or so.... Cop cars flying up and down spine road on superquinn side sirens blaring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Nasty - just got back from my brothers whos up in the crescent - a girl was stabbed apparantley by her boyfriend - she is still alive and the culprit was caught I think - like a proper CSI episode up there - not nice on your doorstep.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Night Nurse

Unfortunately, I just had it verified, that indeed, yes it was a stabbing.
    A boyfriend stabbed his girlfriend on the steps of their Apt on the bend around to the crescent on the left. She was rushed to Hosp and he was arrested. All the crime scene team have been out there since with flood lights etc to collect evidence.
    Shocking - fingers crossed this girl is ok.
    Her friend was also there at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Apparently there was a domestic at the hall door. He stabbed her and then ran. 2 kids out on their bikes saw him take off. Mid 20's. The guards were searching the whole area for him. Great news if they picked him up.

Have just heard the East Coast News and they are now saying it was a woman in her 50's stabbed repeatedly?
    God, this is sickening so close to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crescent

Can i ask which side it was, i know the left was spoken of, but was that the left as you are going up the estate or down? Was it near the top end of the apt numbers or the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Sad but true.. Heard on the news this morning..
    Lady in her 50's.. Man in his 20's done it..

Whats the world coming too.....??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

If you 're heading up towards the Cresent it was on the left. The same corner that the crash was during the summer.

• Advertisement

Last Apt inside - beside the laneway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhqlgbideysn/
    A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a stabbing in Greystones, Co Wicklow yesterday evening.

A 59-year-old woman was stabbed in the chest at a house in Charlestown Park in Greystones just after 8pm.

She was removed to hospital where the extent of her injuries is unknown.

The man remains in custody at Bray garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

See the RTE website had finally been updated - not great to see the lady is in a serious condition..

Woman injured in Wicklow stabbing incident
    Tuesday, 9 September 2008 10:36
    A 51-year-old woman has been wounded in a stabbing in Wicklow.

Gardaí say the incident happened in Charlesland at about 8pm last night.

The woman was stabbed in the chest and abdomen.

AdvertisementGardaí say the woman is in a serious condition in hospital.

A 22-year-old man has been arrested and is being held in Bray Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bluebluesky

OMG this is so bad. Anyone living up that side see anything else today??

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

this is the world we live in , wake up its everywere and has been for years.............................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bluebluesky

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Fricking disgraceful. Poor lady hope she is ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

night nurse who did you get your information confirmed by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Thats horrific, hopefully she'll pull through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

I was wondering what was happening last night. I popped out to go to Superquinn around 8.30 and there was squad cars flying around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alexnumber6

was it an intruder or a family feud? so awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

night nurse who did you get your information confirmed by?

sorry wrong link

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/woman-51-seriously-hurt-in-house-stab-attack-1472448.html

Scandalous, who are these people?? No wonder the next door neighbour's unit is up for sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AJ1

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/woman-51-seriously-hurt-in-house-stab-attack-1472448.html

Scandalous, who are these people?? No wonder the next door neighbour's unit is up for sale!!

That lady is my wife's aunt. She was stabbed by her son who is schizophrenic, she is in intensive care at the moment and hopefully she will be ok. She doesn't blame her son, he is mentally ill and will now be committed for the rest of his life for his own as well as everone else's safety.

It might be an idea to find out the full facts before any of us jump to conclusions, wouldn't you agree?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

AJ1 wrote: »
    That lady is my wife's aunt. She was stabbed by her son who is schizophrenic, she is in intensive care at the moment and hopefully she will be ok. She doesn't blame her son, he is mentally ill and will now be committed for the rest of his life for his own as well as everone else's safety.

It might be an idea to find out the full facts before any of us jump to conclusions, wouldn't you agree?:mad:

AJ1, thank you for posting. I wasn't particularly comfortable with the thread in the first place, so I think now is as good a time as any to close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement