Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help trying to find the correct battery

Options
  • 08-09-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an ICS M4A1 RIS, i have been using a 3300mh 9.6v battery mounted in a peq box which attaches to the foregrip, this broke recently due to someone standing on it. ive never really liked having the peq box on it, i can mount a battery inside the foregrip but im not sire which battery i should use. does anyone else have one of these or can point me in the direction of a decent battery that will fit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I never had one of these. However from past experience an 8.4v mini (like this) usually fit into foregrips of M4s I've owned.
    I'll doubt you'll fit a 9 volt one in there unless you can do some filing away.

Just make sure the wiring is okay for that type of setup.
    You can always rewire it as well and get a battery-holding collapsible stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to troubleshooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

zygote, are you sure you can fit a battery in? how can you access it for charging?

i have never managed to get a battery in a ris so i might need to chat with nhedge the next time he is out playing.

i have managed to squeeze the dual crane 9.6 in a few tight places as each stick of battery can be adjusted. there is also the ak style battery but they might be too long to fit.

i can measure the length and width of a crane style battery of that would help.

i have a few brands here. i think the 2 stick crane ones like this but again i never tried so you need measurements

dual9.6v1500mag%20battery1.jpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you will not find a stock ni-mh battery to fit within a ris handguard of a m4 unless you do the lipo rout and still you will would be pushing it.

another option would be a crane stock style stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

there was one company who did one as a limited run for the movie i am legend. but from memory the drilled and thinned out the ris to get the battery to fit....but other then that it seems like a nice idea for some company to try and build...peq boxes are pants...IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

using the stock is not possible unfortunatly as i would need to replace the telescopic stock with another that has a static hollow stock and also i would need to re-run the wiring through the AEG, not something im up for :)
    The foregrip does clip apart to allow a battery to be fitted but its quite tight on space and i dont know exactly how much room i have in there.

from what i can find out it looks like i should be using a crane or nun-chuck style battery but its really dependant on the dimensions of the battery cells as to whether ill be able to get them in.

the ris clips apart really to fit the m203, ris as stock are not designed to fit batterys that why they ship with a peq, i;ve only ever come across a small number of over sized custom ris units that fit batterys as standard.

your options are limited to realy the lipo route (not really for the novise and even then finding one thjat will fit is hard believe me this is somthign i want to do myself as i do not like peqs myself) if you do not want to rewire or use a peq again

there was one company who did one as a limited run for the movie i am legend

i came across them in my search unfortunatly the ones that used to be bad are hard to come by unlesss you do it yourself like red wolf did, src has recently brought out a 2cell lipo that is ment to fit in the ris but i;ve only seen it on sale in the us in one store

Advertisement