Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemains Are Champions - Tonight

• 08-09-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Well done Fenlon and Bohs in all but securing the LOI crown tonight against St Pats.

I hope Bohs can do well in europe next season and help Irish football get the coefficient points required and deserved so that we can compete in Europe in a level ground against other countries with big political pull.

I do think Bohs will have to sign a striker next season to give them a more varied option up front. Well done all the same.

Despite knocking Swedish side Elfsborg out of Europe St Pats are in danger of winning nothing this season and maybe not even qualifying for Europe. Elfsborg are one of the favourites to lift Sweden's crown and have a host of Internationals including one on 65K per week but one of Ireland mid table teams knocked them out.

Bohs can now aim for the double whilst Pats will try salvage the season in the cup and against German giant Hertha Berlin, from one of the world's top leagues, the Bundesliga.

I think that Hertha Pats is live on Setanta and also on freeview on one of the German channels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Well done Fenlon and Bohs in all but securing the LOI crown tonight against St Pats.

I hope Bohs can do well in europe next season and help Irish football get the coefficient points required and deserved so that we can compete in Europe in a level ground against other countries with big political pull.

I do think Bohs will have to sign a striker next season to give them a more varied option up front. Well done all the same.

Despite knocking Swedish side Elfsborg out of Europe St Pats are in danger of winning nothing this season and maybe not even qualifying for Europe. Elfsborg are one of the favourites to lift Sweden's crown and have a host of Internationals including one on 65K per week but one of Ireland mid table teams knocked them out.

Bohs can now aim for the double whilst Pats will try salvage the season in the cup and against German giant Hertha Berlin, from one of the world's top leagues, the Bundesliga.

I think that Hertha Pats is live on Setanta and also on freeview on one of the German channels.

Pats not getting Europe and being a midtable team? Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fair play to Bohs.

Jesus they dominated the league this year. The little amount of goals they've conceded this year is unbelievable. And IMO, that's down to Sean Connor:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

I hope Bohs can do well in europe next season
    So do I. They'll certainly need to improve on their performances this year. It remains to be seen if they have financial problems, and if the chequebook will be taken away from Fenlon.

Pats are certainly not a mid-table team. Considering the money they've spent anything less than 1st place is an underachievement. They'll almost certainly have UEFA Cup football next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Champions! Now for the double

Murphy for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think that Swedish player(can't remember which one it was) is on 65k a month not a week. But it's still far far greater than any wage encountered in the LOI.

Well done Bohs anyway, bit of a cakewalk to the title this year but they still had to get the job done and it's their first title in 6 seasons.

Hopefully their financial situation works out okay and we don't have another Cork(and possibly soon to be Drogheda too) on our hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Pure Cork wrote: »
    So do I. They'll certainly need to improve on their performances this year. It remains to be seen if they have financial problems, and if the chequebook will be taken away from Fenlon.

What cheque book? I would be fairly sure our wage bill is the same or lower than before he came in. Not sure we need a 5th striker either Gareth, if we can hold onto Kalonas we should be fine in that department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bohs have been immense this season. They've gone about their business, got stuck in and ground out results when they had to (Sligo on Friday). They've been by far the most consistent side and the base of it is their defence which, iirc, was the best in the league last year (stats).

Fair play to them, the title's nearly there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Congratulations Bohemians, although i have to admit i havnt seen much in the way of Irish football this season.

We are still 12 points away, Gareth doesnt like letting facts get in the way of a sensationary thread.

bohsman wrote: »
    We are still 12 points away, Gareth doesnt like letting facts get in the way of a sensationary thread.

lol....ok then, no congratulations.

Shows how much attention ive payed this year, all my attention has been towards the bottom end of the table when i look for Harps scores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well done Bohemains.

Whats the latest on there move to a new geound..?

Court case in November, the board are confident its an open shut case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

You know yourself yee are Champions in all but name, even if Bohs had lost to Pats tonight they would still win the League.

Tonight is a sort of unofficial coronation because there is simply no way back for Pats now.

True but

Bus.jpg

Big Ears wrote: »
    You know yourself yee are Champions in all but name, even if Bohs had lost to Pats tonight they would still win the League.

Tonight is a sort of unofficial coronation because there is simply no way back for Pats now.

Heh! This will haunt me forever! :D:(
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055264641&highlight=Spare+Thought

We are invincible

414-01.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Tonights performance was almost faultless, this is one of the all time great teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

This is a really special team. Rossi sums it up for me. Low-key, but absolutely brilliant. What a goal. He found space, we all shouted at him to shoot, and he did exactly that.
    Not banking on anything just yet. Fenlon is too professional to let it slip, but the maths says it's possible still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Tonights performance was almost faultless, this is one of the all time great teams.

Let's not go over the top now. Shels 2006? Rovers 4 in a row? Bohs of the early 00s?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Let's not go over the top now. Shels 2006? Rovers 4 in a row? Bohs of the early 00s?

I have no idea what our best starting 11 is, Kalonas was away tonight, no room for Cronin or Oman, Deegan suspended, Joxer and Jason Byrne came off the bench in the 2nd have and busted a gut trying to prove that they should be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Court case in November, the board are confident its an open shut case.
    It will probably be open-shut all right, but not the way you think...

Your board is living in cloud cuckoo land.

CiaranC wrote: »

Your board is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Agreed. But I dont know anywhere near enough about the specifics to comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Did the developer renage on agreement? Is Dalymount still selling for 50million?

Theres another developer that claims he has a verbal agreement to buy a small piece of land at one end of the ground.

Did the developer renage on agreement? Is Dalymount still selling for 50million?
    No Chance. Bohs are screwed.

Theyve sold the Shopping centre end to Albion, and then sold the whole stadium to Carroll. Carroll wont release any of his promised funds until the upcoming Albion court case is sorted. Carroll is also a sick man, so if by some miracle, they get out of the deal with Albion homes, the cash may still not be forthcoming.

If they dont get Carrolls cash, as theyve budgeted for it using the ridiculous rule that allows you to count this (and the multi million euro loan theyve borrowed on the back of the property deal) as income, then they have breached the 65% wage cap rule. Which means they will have breached licencing. They will be stripped of the league and will go bust.

Bohs fans are either oblivious to this or have their fingers in their collective ears going na-na-na-na-i-cant-hear-you whenever anyone brings it up.

We will go bust if we lose the Carroll deal and are left with a load of land in Phibsboro?

We will go bust if we lose the Carroll deal and are left with a load of land in Phibsboro?
    You will be in debt to the tune of several millions, making a huge loss per year, most likely with just a little licencing problem. Who do you plan to sell Dalymount to? And where are you going to get a replacement stadium from? The building sector has collapsed, utterly. See where Im going with this?

If they dont get Carrolls cash, as theyve budgeted for it using the ridiculous rule that allows you to count this (and the multi million euro loan theyve borrowed on the back of the property deal) as income, then they have breached the 65% wage cap rule. Which means they will have breached licencing. They will be stripped of the league and will go bust.

Almost sounds like a gretna type situation....not good news

Its still prime land in the center of Dublin, if we go above the 65% cap we're looking at a 10 point deduction, should be cheaper to get land for a new stadium with the collapse and all. We dont have to make huge losses per year its just that the board enjoy doing it, we can easily cut back.

And there is the court case to come, Ciaran knows more about it than the board but its still up to the judge, not sure how binding a verbal sale is and how easily it can be proved.

• Advertisement

Its still prime land in the center of Dublin, if we go above the 65% cap we're looking at a 10 point deduction, should be cheaper to get land for a new stadium with the collapse and all. We dont have to make huge losses per year its just that the board enjoy doing it, we can easily cut back.

And there is the court case to come, Ciaran knows more about it than the board but its still up to the judge, not sure how binding a verbal sale is and how easily it can be proved.

you never know, qualification for the CL next year would be a big help! ;)
    (hey! if Aalborg can do it :mad:)

not sure how binding a verbal sale is and how easily it can be proved.
    We shall see.

No Chance. Bohs are screwed.

Theyve sold the Shopping centre end to Albion, and then sold the whole stadium to Carroll. Carroll wont release any of his promised funds until the upcoming Albion court case is sorted. Carroll is also a sick man, so if by some miracle, they get out of the deal with Albion homes, the cash may still not be forthcoming.

Bohs fans are either oblivious to this or have their fingers in their collective ears going na-na-na-na-i-cant-hear-you whenever anyone brings it up.

What's wrong with Liam Carroll?

What's wrong with Liam Carroll?
    I hear hes pretty ill. I really should have put a qualifier in there, thats strictly hearsay.

Could Bohs not strike a deal with the other developer to allow the Carroll deal to go through? Deal on the steps of the high court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has a team ever ran away with it by so much? Potentially 19 points clear. Its obviously down to a very well organised Bohs side, but it is also a poor reflection on the other contenders.

Has there been a poorer title defense than Drogs this season either? Or am i just bitther for asking that :rolleyes: ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

congrats bohs, now finish the job off :)

The rout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

SectionF wrote: »
    The rout...

What does that banner say at the end? "We're not good at unfurling banners" probably ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

gimmick wrote: »
    Has a team ever ran away with it by so much? Potentially 19 points clear. Its obviously down to a very well organised Bohs side, but it is also a poor reflection on the other contenders.
    Not really - just an exceptional season from Bohs. Pats are actually set to improve on their points total from last season and Bohs are just 4 points short of Drogs' points total for last season - with 8 games left to play! Only 8 goals conceded in 25 games - that says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Its 16 points with 9 games left. McDonnell must be under pressure at this stage. Seen their team last night. It looked like a 2 6 2 formation :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pat's have been in the top two all season. How the hell is that mid-table??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Talk about an exaggeration. Boh's have had a great season and deserve the title, but it's only one season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Its 16 points with 9 games left. McDonnell must be under pressure at this stage.
    I don't think anyone could say Pats have had a poor season. They're still in three cups and, as I said earlier, they should easily beat their points total for last season - 5 wins from their remaining 9 games would do it. Of course that won't count for much if they don't secure second spot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We are invincible

414-01.gif

LOL...I did not think people still used tele text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

:rolleyes: What are you on? How the hell is 2nd in a league of 12 teams "mid table"? :rolleyes:

CaptainHyperbole!.jpg

Lying at 48 points, with 14 the lowest and 64 highest, is top end of mid-table :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Advertisement