Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint forum beers - a proposition/challenge (need a team of 5)

Options
  • 08-09-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys and gals...

Since the next forum beers will be a joint one, why not make it interesting?

A competition of sorts...

A team of 3 - 5 people between both forums.

We set challenges and the winning team gets crowning glory and bragging rights.

Sound like a bit of a larf for people?

I'm down with it, compared to the nocturnal forum we are small in numbers, but I'm pretty sure we can get something going that will be both fun and hilarious.

Who's with me!!

Team so far: Bodymod legion of Doom

Will (me)
    CianRyan Young Paduan (if he can get in)
    toots85 (if she comes along)
    RazielDoomgate (if he can make it to duberlin)
    Gauge (cos I said so)

Need 2 more, and 1 or 2 subs just in case people have to bail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I WISH I WAS ****ING 21! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The place isn't 21's!!

We need a team!

Is it not the foggy due anymore? :O

>_> <_<

No, but just to ease fears I will check during the week

Right, if i can get in, i'll sign up for the team!!

• Advertisement

Basically a team of 3 - 5 people from each forum.
    Drinking, messing, whatever. points are awarded.
    when im sober i will think of good things

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Foggy Dew is 21's but I was in there a couple week backs with a few 18 year olds among others.

Just so you know!

could pose a problem then Doomy... quite a few posters here are less than 21. unless they headed in early

We need a team, sign up here!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Will wrote: »
    could pose a problem then Doomy... quite a few posters here are less than 21. unless they headed in early

21 always means 18s if you're not a scanger, tbh.

• Advertisement

True, very true.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

TBH, I think it depends on who's on the door. My experience is that they may have a 21s door sign on but I've a good few mates who've been drinking there since they were 19. I'd say it has more to do with if you're already drunk, if you actually look really young, and whether or not the place is already rammers when you arrive!

I'm still not sure if I can go.......my first ever beers......:o *nerves*:D

Toots... it's un-nerving at the beginning for about 5 seconds then all is well.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lol!! I think I'll have to go! I've a spa day booked for powerscourt springs that day, but might change that to during the following week if I can, I'll be off work. No point detoxing for the day and then polluting myself with booze later on! :)

Ok, so providing I can change that, count me in!! Now.....what to wear......:confused:

Count you in for the team or just to be there?!

Ah gods! What thread am I posting in? Count me in for the event, for sure! I dunno about these challenges! I have only recently started consuming alcohol while out again, so drinking games and me may end in hair holding and up-chucking!

Won't just be alcohol consumption dont worry, a few on the forum here don't drink

Hmmm, well then count me in for the team too, what the hell! In for a penny (or a whatever the €uro equivalent of that phrase is.) I apologise in advance if I let the side down with the drinkin! :p

You've yet to see me on a night out, nothing to be sorry about. Trust me.

Do people need to hold your hair? :p

• Advertisement

Uhm no :)
    But eh yeah, post on, more the merrier. We need to uphold the honour that is the body modification forum!!

Well if its about not looking liek a skanger, not looking young and getting there before its packed, i shuld be grand! :D

I'll be 3 days off 18 that day, and i wont shave untill then, i can grow a good many beard me! :)
    and when i do most people think im about 20+ anyway! :D

Bulk up the beard with mascara!

On second thoughts dont! They probably would refuse you entry on the grounds that you look like some sort of maniac.

I'll leave the pre killed cats for will at home soo... :(

Definitely. They might create a smell and nobody wants to sit next to the smelly dead cat mascara weirdo for the night!

What i love is that no one would think twice about the massive wholes in my ears.

CianRyan wrote: »
    What i love is that no one would think twice about the massive wholes in my ears.

Well Jebus, just don't go hanging bits of dead cat off them and you should be grand!

I have locks in my ear from time to time, may bring that.

Dead cats may be a bit over kill though. :p

Locks/other quirky accessories = good, interesting, conversation starter:)
    Dead cats/other roadkill type accessories = creepy, vomit inducing, room clearer!!:(

• Advertisement

Well ya never know, some people *COUGH*will*COUGH* are into dead animals.

But im thinking i dont want smelly dead things hanging off me!

Advertisement