Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a Cheque Question

Options
  • 08-09-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hey guys im in urgent need to cash cheque but i dont want to put it into my bank account as it will take 3 days + to clear it, I'm wondering whats the quickest way of cashing it, if i bring the cheque to the bank issued which is Ulster bank *town*, can they cash it for me? Cheers.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Provided it's not crossed, then yes if you bring it to the branch in which it's drawn they'll probably cash it for you. Make sure to bring a passport or driving licence with you, as they'll (or at least they should) look for photo ID. Give the branch a ring in the morning and confirm whether or not there'll be any problems before you trek all the way in. Get the name of who you were talking to aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

ok cool , thanks for that:D

Advertisement