Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SGS Finglas

Options
  • 08-09-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

The actual industrial estate where the centre is, what's the speed limit. There's a 30km sign once you enter the last park that it's in, but no others.

I can't believe the whole business park up until the Finglas road is 30km?

And! When you are on the last little stretch driving into SGS, once you've done the final small roundabout, I'm not sure whether it's a t-junction, or does the road follow around to the right? The road marking is confusing. Don't know whether to indicate right or not!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My tester told to stick to the 30km speed limit. as i coming back from my test, i was sticking to the limit and there was a white van up my arse, so my instructor told me to pull in and let him past. so i would say just in case, stick to the limit.

The road follows to the right but you must slow down and do the usual checks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

brilliant, thanks!
    mad that it is 30 all the way to the finglas road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gep_nodrog

I have my test in the SGS centre in Finglas coming up. When leaving the Industrial estate and turning on to the N2. Should I signal to turn left or right?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Threads merged.

gep_nodrog wrote: »
    I have my test in the SGS centre in Finglas coming up. When leaving the Industrial estate and turning on to the N2. Should I signal to turn left or right?
    Wouldn't the examiner be telling you which way he/she wants to go? :confused:

• Advertisement

Your turning onto a dual carriage way. So, your actually turning left onto the carriage way. But should you be signalling right to let traffic already on the carriage way know that you intend to merge?

Your turning onto a dual carriage way. So, your actually turning left onto the carriage way. But should you be signalling right to let traffic already on the carriage way know that you intend to merge?
    Is there a slip road/lane prior to merging?

Yes, As you are leaving the estate there are amber arrows that bring you to a small slip road

Yes, As you are leaving the estate there are amber arrows that bring you to a small slip road
    I'd indicate right while building up speed to merge into the left lane of the DC.

(PS - where in Finglas is the SGS Test Centre?)

Thanks, The centre is in the NorthCity Business Park, close to the Finglas M50 exit.

• Advertisement

Actually I was wrong there is no slip road. The lights just guide you slightly to the left of the entrance. In this case is it correct to give a left signal? i.e. The same as if you were turning left at a junction.

Advertisement