Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important : Looky here

• 09-09-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

So I entered my beta code about 7 hours ago and never got an email. I just read a thread on war-alliance that said that they were taking beta-codes from the top (i.e most recent) and if you enter your code again, you get the email immediately.

I was skeptical but tried it. I got the email within 3 minutes. The client is now patching!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

...Ugh. My joy was short lived.

2pyclzs.jpg

Anyone got any idea of a way around this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

going to try that now. "crosses fingers!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tusky wrote: »
    ...Ugh. My joy was short lived.

Anyone got any idea of a way around this ?

Did you alter the patcher yourself or did it do so autmatically?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I tried it a few minutes ago...will let you know.

BAH!! Got a new mail there, but it was only from boards.ie :mad:

Spear wrote: »
    Did you alter the patcher yourself or did it do so autmatically?

How do you mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How do you mean ?

Did you change patch.cfg to point to the new patch servers?

Did you change patch.cfg to point to the new patch servers?

I went to change it but it seemed to be the same. This is what I have currently -
    <PatchConfig>
    <Config>
    <ResourceModules>
    <Module name="http" />
    <Module name="login">
    <PreAuth />
    </Module>
    </ResourceModules>
    <PatcherProduct>
    <Product name="EAMythic Patcher" description="EAMythic Patcher" prodfile="patcher-goa.prod">
    <manifestrepos>
    <repo url="http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/&quot; />
    </manifestrepos>
    </Product>
    </PatcherProduct>
    <MainProduct>
    <Product name="Warhammer European Open Beta Release" description="Warhammer European Open Beta Client" prodfile="war-goa.prod">
    <manifestrepos>
    <repo url="http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/warhammer/manifest/&quot; />
    </manifestrepos>
    </Product>
    </MainProduct>
    </Config>
    </PatchConfig>

I went to change it but it seemed to be the same. This is what I have currently -

Then it did manage to auto update that. There's a few people on the closed beta forums with the same issue but no fix. I'll start downloading the OB client for you. I've tomorrow off so I can give it you on DVD tomorrow.

Then it did manage to auto update that. There's a few people on the closed beta forums with the same issue but no fix. I'll start downloading the OB client for you. I've tomorrow off so I can give it you on DVD tomorrow.

Ahh jeez man, thanks a million - thats fantastic.

Theres a thread about it on War-Alliance. Apparently this is what GOA had to say
    If the client you downloaded is from a while ago it will be couple of builds old and will not patch anymore. You will have to redownload the latest client.

However, there are people getting the exact same error who say they have the latest client =/ All a bit strange.

Someone had this fix to suggest but it seems a bit strange -
    My friend was having this same error. She had the US version so it wasn't a EU only thing. I read one of the post talking about using WinRAR instead of the standard vista unzip program.

I wanted to post here to let you know that it solved the problem. Seems like the stock unzip program does not extract all the files correctly.

Follow these steps.

1. Download WinRar (I googled it)

2. Extract the beta file you downloaded using WINRAR instead of the stock unzip tool.

3. Run setup.

once the game is installed and you log in, it should start downloading the 198MB patch. I hope this helps you.

Ahh jeez man, thanks a million - thats fantastic.

Theres a thread about it on War-Alliance. Apparently this is what GOA had to say

GOA never warned us about that, they just said you can patch from closed beta and that's it.

• Advertisement

GOA never warned us about that, they just said you can patch from closed beta and that's it.

And that surprises you ? :)

And that surprises you ? :)

Disappoints:yes. Surprises:no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I validated my key again and lo and behold I got the email within 10 minutes.

Cant seem to log into the patcher now though :<

Playboy wrote: »
    I validated my key again and lo and behold I got the email within 10 minutes.

Cant seem to log into the patcher now though :<

It takes some time before the account validation is reflected in the patcher.

Still no mail for me. Been about 30 minutes now. Was going to try it a few times again, but theres not much point if i cant patch it.

Kiith wrote: »
    Still no mail for me. Been about 30 minutes now. Was going to try it a few times again, but theres not much point if i cant patch it.

I'd advise you to keep trying. People are having massive success by spamming their details in. Its catching on on a number of forums and seems to be working for almost everyone.

ok been playing it for 20 mins. Not that impressed so far. Feels like a clunky WoW so far .. Maybe its because I have been playing AoC and have been spoiled with the visuals. Going to sleep now .. just glad I finally got in .. hope my feelings towards improve tomorrow or I could be sticking with AoC .. PvP patch out on Wednesday!!

Meh, i cant be arsed with this now. Will hopefully have the mail in the morning, and if not, **** the beta. I'll wait till they get their act together and try the headstart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

clunky is a good word Playboy. The walking animation seems very strange and jerky or something. Not fluid at all. Let's hope that it's just a beta issue. There are others but that's the one that _keeps_ annoying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I still don't have access for some GOA inspired reason.

I no longer want a Care-bear server I wish to gank people repeatedly..

• Advertisement

YES! No mail this morning either. And even spamming the validation 10 times this morning hasnt worked. Beta here i com....no wait, not i dont. **** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Funny thing is when I used to work in the bank back in June I used to have to ring this guy in Canada to confirm the amount of trades for the day. However I used to always forget the Canadian prefix. The number without the canadian prefix was the number for some random head in GOA in Dublin. I forgot that prefix so many times that I was almost on first names terms with the guy from GOA in Dublin. I think his name was Dave. I asked him how War was coming along every time I misdialed. I wish I could remember that number of the guy in Canada. I'd light a fire under 'Daves' ass right now. Come to think of I, I can really see why the bank let me go now.......

Oh and still no confirmation email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I first entered my key yesterday at 5 yesterday, no email. As per this thread, entered it again this morning just after 9, got confirmation email about 20 minutes later, result! Patching now, all I have to do is find a way to get out of work early...stick your suggestions on a postcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

b0bsquish wrote: »
    I first entered my key yesterday at 5 yesterday, no email. As per this thread, entered it again this morning just after 9, got confirmation email about 20 minutes later, result! Patching now, all I have to do is find a way to get out of work early...stick your suggestions on a postcard.

I entered my key 15 times at the same time as you this morning, thinking I'd come home to find an email waiting.

No result :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Playboy wrote: »
    ok been playing it for 20 mins. Not that impressed so far. Feels like a clunky WoW so far .. Maybe its because I have been playing AoC and have been spoiled with the visuals. Going to sleep now .. just glad I finally got in .. hope my feelings towards improve tomorrow or I could be sticking with AoC .. PvP patch out on Wednesday!!

sorry but i find it hilarious that because the beta of this hasn't impressed you in 20 minutes you are thinking of returning to AoC of all games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd compare it far more to lotro than wow (graphically, achievements, game mechanics). Seems to be good fun, real test of course is when people get characters to the top level.

Ok, so i havent gotten a confirmation email yet, but i am now able to patch the game. Unfortunatly now i'm getting a "missing a large number of files" error. So anyone waiting on a key, try it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Snap. Thanks for pointing that out. No mail but the patcher has finally kicked in.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, so i havent gotten a confirmation email yet, but i am now able to patch the game. Unfortunatly now i'm getting a "missing a large number of files" error. So anyone waiting on a key, try it now.

That can happen if your client is either too out of date to patch or your client install has more damaged files than the patchers limits to fix.

• Advertisement

Funky wrote: »
    sorry but i find it hilarious that because the beta of this hasn't impressed you in 20 minutes you are thinking of returning to AoC of all games.

Im not thinking of returning to AoC .. I'm still playing it. I didnt say the game was **** either .. just that I wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be. AoC made a much better first impression on me because of the gfx. My initial reaction to the game after playing for a few hours is that it feels like a poor version of WoW. Granted I havent played enough to make a proper judgement but that how it feels to me atm.

The character animation looks and feels very poor imo .. esp the walking .. looks very weird. Again I can get over gfx issues if the gameplay is good but it doesnt feel as smooth to me as AoC or WoW did. Tbh I think WoW looked a and felt a lot slicker even though it is a few years older. Maybe it will get better and its just taking me time to adjust to the playstyle and looks after playing AoC for the last few months

Advertisement