Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important : Looky here

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, so i havent gotten a confirmation email yet, but i am now able to patch the game. Unfortunatly now i'm getting a "missing a large number of files" error. So anyone waiting on a key, try it now.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you may have to redownload the client. There doesnt seem to be a fix for that 'warhammer folder is missing a large number of files' error. It happened to me also and I needed to get a fresh client.

I have the client on a disc, could give it to you if youre based in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

As it stands I've validated my Beta Key and now I guess I just have to wait on the verification email. What information is on this email or does it just allow you to start patching? Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I reckon you should be able to log and patch without waiting for the email now as per the WAr europe site. There was a problem with the emails being sent to confirm. Worth a shot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Playboy wrote: »
    Im not thinking of returning to AoC .. I'm still playing it. I didnt say the game was **** either .. just that I wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be. AoC made a much better first impression on me because of the gfx. My initial reaction to the game after playing for a few hours is that it feels like a poor version of WoW. Granted I havent played enough to make a proper judgement but that how it feels to me atm.

The character animation looks and feels very poor imo .. esp the walking .. looks very weird. Again I can get over gfx issues if the gameplay is good but it doesnt feel as smooth to me as AoC or WoW did. Tbh I think WoW looked a and felt a lot slicker even though it is a few years older. Maybe it will get better and its just taking me time to adjust to the playstyle and looks after playing AoC for the last few months

apperlty the graphics patch isnt in the OB and will be in the actual game, since the game is something like 3-5gb bigger. AFAIK they took out the graphics to test gameplay and to less the stress of there servers when downloading it ect..

Thats what i heard, dont hold me to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

If you've validated your beta key, then try logging in. Don't wait for the email, they're delayed for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got 7 emails yesterday, saying that my code had not been registered, and to click a link to find out why. When i click the link, it says my account is not valid (or something like that). Currently redownloading the client, and will see if i can log in/patch it later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

They never sent me out a validation email, I just tried it last night and it let me download the patch and play?

Try and log in every few hours, hopefully you will get in very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hurrah! I finally got my validation email. Of course it said they couldn't validate the code because my account wasn't validated, but the fact that I finally got a reply is noteworthy.

Advertisement