Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

look at this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Thats so bad, someone who is actually trying to copy someone else it makes no sense.

If he wanted to get a point across how gamestop are bad to there employees and customers he could have done it normally.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

zero punctuation, yahtzee much? guy needs to get his own style, but interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

His slurred nerd voice irritates me way too much. Also, as mentioned, his shameless and poor yahtzee imitation increases the aggravation.

Didn't last til the end +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Good point about direct trade being the best value, I really wish more people could realise this and stop getting shafted by game stores.

Just about made it through to the end, but won't be checking out the rest due to the point already mentioned above...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm sure there's important points worth raising about GamesStop's practises, but I can't get past the slurred, indistinct voice & Zero Punctuation-that-isn't. Does anyone actually shop at Gamestop here anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm sure there's important points worth raising about GamesStop's practises, but I can't get past the slurred, indistinct voice & Zero Punctuation-that-isn't. Does anyone actually shop at Gamestop here anyway?

Bought my xbox 360 elite there at the time as it was the best deal going when they were compared to the offers at game/smyths/HMV.

No huge loyalty to any particular brand of store for me: my games are usually purchased online now due to the savings Vs bricks and mortar stores for new titles.

He made some good points, the ones that you could actually understand and vaguely sounded like they were spoken in English....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

jesus christ, enunciate motherfucker. ENUNCIATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya its not done by me but have a look anyway

xbox36016 wrote: »
    ya its not done by me but have a look anyway

Could you just summarise it for us please?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gamestop screw their staff.
    Gamestop screw their customers.

... told in great length over 9 separate youtube videos, in the style of Zero Punctuation (except this guy has marbles in his mouth)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

horrible,horrible rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Similar carry on goes on in Smyths and probably everwhere else for that matter.

i told yous i did not do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

We know you didnt do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think you did it..

Annoying voice but I agree with alot of what he said. When working in Xtra Vision I was strict on what we took in but if it looked relatively unscratched then we took it in. Never tested anything. Not viable.

I mean if I was in on my own and some guy came in with 5 games, what do I do? Tell everyone that wants a DVD to shoot the breeze for 10 minutes while I check all these games?

I have found gamestop second hand prices more expensive alright. That Rogue Galaxy example for instance.

good one

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Seeing as nobody accused you of doing it, i find your indignation suspect.
    very suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Turned it off after 10 seconds... just annoying.

Advertisement