Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewireing a mechbox, what about the fuse?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I've to rewire my TM gearbox so that the wires go to the stock. Now the question is what to do about the fuse?

At the moment the fuse is mounted on a plastic plate on the barrel inside the RIS with the battery in a PEQ box. I've a EMOD stock that I'm going to hack at so a battery will fit in it, hence the rewire (that and the fact I don't like the PEQ box and I've a new RIS on its way that won't allow a battery to be connected).

So the question is what the heck do I do with the fuse? Where do rear wired (crane stock) aegs stick the fuse? In the stock tube, the receiver, just dump it (something I don't fancy having to do)?

Cheers

Chuck The 'Confused' Buck

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can stick a fuse in the stock tube, some AEGs that are already rear wired come with one in there, some come with no fuse at all, id just leave it out altogether myself.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

vtec wrote: »
    you can stick a fuse in the stock tube, some AEGs that are already rear wired come with one in there, some come with no fuse at all, id just leave it out altogether myself.,

I was thinking that that would be where I'd have to put it, defo not leaving it out (I'll be doing it so something will go wrong!).

Another question is where can I get the little plastic covers for the fuse like those in the TM AUG and P90?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

in halfords, they have loads of diferent types fuses, you could add a flat blade car type fuse instead so ya might have more room to play with.,
    My G&G gear doesnt even come with a fuse.,

Advertisement