Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 with memory stick and Xbox Live

• 09-09-2008 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I've got an Xbox 360 Core system, i.e. no hard drive.
    I want to use Xbox live, which requires a memory store device.

I can use a regular USB memorty stick with the Xbox to play music, but it is NOT recognised when it comes to creating an Xbox live profile. It seems I need a 'special' xbox memory stick to use with Xbox live.

But is there anyway, i can format my regular USB memory stick so it appears as an official Xbox memory stick?

I mean, I don't want to spend 40 euro for something like 512MB!!

EDIT

I just realised that the 'memory units' plug into the front of the console...not where the USB drive goes, so I'm doubtful if it's simply a matter of formatting the USB drive. Still........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You'll need a memory unit or a hard drive, usb sticks won't work.

That's why no-one who wants to play on live should buy a core, because the accessories are so ridiculously over-priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bought a 120GB hdd yesterday off ebay. €60 delivered, and from Dublin too, not Hong Kong. Pick one up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bought a 120GB hdd yesterday off ebay. €60 delivered, and from Dublin too, not Hong Kong. Pick one up!!

sweet, must check that out.

As for the point about the accessories being so over priced, I've just got a Core for free so what's my essentials list to get now??

I know nothing about the 360 at all, I need a hard drive and and controller obviously but is the 120gb the only option for a hard drive now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's 20/60/120GB drives. All seem over priced compared to PC HDDs.

If you want another controller too, you can get them on their own, or bundled with games. I think there was a Viva Pinata/Forza 2/Controller bundle for about €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

There's 20/60/120GB drives. All seem over priced compared to PC HDDs.

If you want another controller too, you can get them on their own, or bundled with games. I think there was a Viva Pinata/Forza 2/Controller bundle for about €60.

I need a controller just got the console and connections for free I never knew there was a bundle I must look into that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement