Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Noel Gallagher attacked on stage

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'd like the last word and I'd like it to be "waffleiron" if that's okay with everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

kryogen wrote: »
    you really dont get it dudess? you couldnt even hazard a guess like?
    Ok I do now. I understand the affinity thing and the constant abuse Oasis get. Chill :)

If I may repeat my last question though: why the shouts of "what did YOU ever do?" etc to Oasis/any band detractors by those who are fans? Isn't it a bit unfair to expect them to have achieved something of the same level merely in order to justify criticising them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its more that i can relate to it from my own experience, im a song writer and musician and i know from my own experiences starting off that its much easier to take shots at something then create something, i dont expect people to achieve things of the same level! that would be ludicrous, just want people to understand and appreciate that its not easy to make something, and definatly alot easier to destroy something.

its why its personal to me anyway......

but in fairness this is a bit of a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Looking at that video, it looks like Noel Gallagher had his biggest hit since 1996 right there!:p

Seriously though, where the heck was security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

its more that i can relate to it from my own experience, im a song writer and musician and i know from my own experiences starting off that its much easier to take shots at something then create something, i dont expect people to achieve things of the same level! that would be ludicrous, just want people to understand and appreciate that its not easy to make something, and definatly alot easier to destroy something.

its why its personal to me anyway......

You're welcome to think whatever you want about Oasis, but everybody else doesn't have to read off the same script. I don't have to be a musician to laugh at the misfortunes of musicians. Get over yourself.

I would have chuckled to see it happen to LG as he seems pretty fond of putting it about.

For the record, I think Noel is great as he comes always across as a sarcastic, intelligent lad in interview. I've no doubt he'd share our schadenfreude if this had happened to say, Chris Martin or Tom Chaplin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

stovelid wrote: »
    You're welcome to think whatever you want about Oasis, but everybody else doesn't have to read off the same script. I don't have to be a musician to laugh at the misfortunes of musicians. Get over yourself.

I would have chuckled to see it happen to LG as he seems pretty fond of putting it about.

For the record, I think Noel is great as he comes always across as a sarcastic, intelligent lad in interview. I've no doubt he'd share our schadenfreude if this had happened to say, Chris Martin or Tom Chaplin.

and the award for missing the point by a mile goes to

YOU!!!!

congradulations

btw, i pissed myself at the vid! it was ****in hilarious, but a shame it happened to Noel, would have been funnier if it was Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

YOU!!!!

congradulations

Prize or GTFO. :)

btw, i pissed myself at the vid! it was ****in hilarious, but a shame it happened to Noel, would have been funnier if it was Liam

I bet even Noel will laugh at it himself at some stage. Espeically as the guy probably got a severe hiding backstage. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

This video has lost all funniness. Gig in NY cancelled tomorrow because of that prick. Once in a life time chance for an Oasis fan, and it's gone because of some asshole who wanted 15 secs on fame.

Am i bitter? Just a bit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

chalad07 wrote: »
    This video has lost all funniness. Gig in NY cancelled tomorrow because of that prick. Once in a life time chance for an Oasis fan, and it's gone because of some asshole who wanted 15 secs on fame.

Am i bitter? Just a bit,

You can only hope he get's another kicking when he tells people 'it was me'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

m@cc@ wrote: »
    You can only hope he get's another kicking when he tells people 'it was me'.

Yeah, hopefully. But you just know there's going to be assholes shaking his hand, thinking it's hilarious. I do hope they throw the book at him,

I knew i should have went for Blur!

Advertisement