Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB firmware V30.0.018

• 09-09-2008 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Just wondering has anybody upgraded there n95 firmware to V30.0.018 yet ? Any reported issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ya i heard about this yesterday. Not sure if its on NSU yet but its in the nokia centres. Anyone know what the update contains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Ya i heard about this yesterday. Not sure if its on NSU yet but its in the nokia centres. Anyone know what the update contains?

Nokia Maps 2.0 now built-in
    Full N-Gage client now built-in
    Nokia Search 4.0 now with Google plug-in
    Share online 3.0
    Enablers for Comes With Music (watch this space)
    Download! application updated (v 3.1.50)
    Upgrade to Music Player, with new visualisations
    Update for Flash Lite 3 (improved viewing of sites like YouTube)
    Current consumption improvements (for e.g. WLAN scanning)
    New baseline for VoIP (with significant error corrections)
    Incoming call number is displayed in additon to name of the contact
    Realplayer supports FLV format (i.e FLV files can be played directly like MP4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sweet, must plug in the auld N95 8GB and get this down soonest...

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Brianb8802 wrote: »

Nope can confirm NSU hasn't got this yet.

MC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I have this firmware version. PM me for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

whens nsu gonna have it anyone know

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nope can confirm NSU hasn't got this yet.

MC :(

For generic product code or for an operator product code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

use the EURO1 product code & you'll get the update. I updated yesterday with no problems. Great improvement when playing back youtube videos on emtube, the picture doesnt stutter anymore. Also refreshing the music player to find new music on your phone is much much faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Here are the Nokia N95 8GB unbranded product codes;

EURO1: 0549487
    EURO2: 0550359
    EURO3: 0550378

The only differences in the EURO1, EURO2 & EURO3 are the languages they contain.

EURO1: English,French,Italian,Spanish,German,Portuguese
    EURO2: English,French,German,Turkisk,Dutch,Italian
    EURO3: English,Czech,Slovakian,German,Polish,Hungarian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Updated from a version V20.0.016 a short while ago, works fine, GPS works now, didn't earlier, mapping looks good, will report if any issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I updated mine with the NSU but be careful because it erased everything off the phone memory.
    I know it says it will do this, but i did backup the phone memory with PC suite but the restore didn't restore very much. Had to reinstall all apps and settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Ares wrote: »
    Had to reinstall all apps and settings.

I backed up mine, they restored perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

bogman wrote: »
    I backed up mine, they restored perfectly

How do you backup all the above? Does new firmware format the mass memory?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

when im backing my n95 8g up it always stops at 83% and takes ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmm my 8Gb doesn't seem to want to update from v20 to v30. It tries but keeps failing. Is there still a problem with NSU and vista? Should I just do it on an XP machine?

ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

danke OP.

Didn't know there was a new firmware out for the orig n95.

Went from v21 to v30 there. No probs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Hmm my 8Gb doesn't seem to want to update from v20 to v30. It tries but keeps failing. Is there still a problem with NSU and vista? Should I just do it on an XP machine?

ambrose
    There were issues but they were resolved...

Did you try using it in xp compatibility mode?

Failing that, you could always try performing a hard reset of the phone and then updating.

NSU isnt giving me the option to udate from v20 to v30 its only letting me reinstall v20??????? any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

How do you get it to re install? I just get *no new updates avaiable*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

no probs updating ...

win vista home premium

make sure you have the latest version of the pc suite / updater software

then run the phone updater again

phone [back ;)] on original product code after v20 upgrade mths ago ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

no probs updating ...

win vista home premium

then run the phone updater again

phone [back ;)] on original product code after v20 upgrade mths ago ..

(make sure you back up the phone contents before updating the firmware)

That doesnt matter. NSU wont let you update if you are using an old version.

It forces you to download the update before allowing you to upgrade your phone.

yay got the new firmware v30 . debranded my phone using nss and the euro1 product code. and then used NSU working perfect so far

Hmm. Still can't get this to update. I was able to update to v20 without any problems. I'm not using the supplied Nokia USB cable, just a bog standard one. Not sure if there's any difference. I wonder if thats the problem?

Hmm. Still can't get this to update. I was able to update to v20 without any problems. I'm not using the supplied Nokia USB cable, just a bog standard one. Not sure if there's any difference. I wonder if thats the problem?

no i had to do the same and it worked , heres how i done mine

you need 3 pieces of software NSS (Nemesis Service Suite), tntenforcer.exe, NSU (Nokia Software Updater). You should be able to get hold of this software without too much trouble. I think it's all freeware and above board.

Install NSS,
    Install NSU,
    Connect your phone, select PC Suite on youy phone, let your pc detect it and do it's stuff with it's drivers.
    Open NSS and click on Scan for new device on the top right of the window
    Click on Phone info
    Click on Scan
    Open tntenforcer.exe without closing NSS, then click on Enable of tntenforcer.exe.
    On NSS click on Read towards the right.
    You should now see the product code, change this (google the EURO1 code).
    Click on the Enable checkbox at the side of the product code.
    Click on Write, , your phone’s product code will be changed.
    Close NSS and tntenforcer.exe.
    Your phone is now ready for flashing.
    Open NSU (ensure there is a sim card in your phone, it's profile is "general" and your battery has plenty of life in it).
    NSU Will download the latest version of firmware for your phone. If NSU tells you that your phone's firmware is the latest version, select to re-install it, as although it may be the same version number, your current firmware will be the nasty branded one!
    When the flashing with NSU is over, restart your phone and you’ll find your phone's firmware is the latest Nokia non-branded version.

Well I finally got it to update! :)

Everytime I tried to update the phone, about 15 secs into the update Vista kept trying to locate a driver. It could never find one and the update failed. But for some reason the last time it found a driver. I cannot remember the exact name but it was something like a BB5 Loader driver. Now I've to restore all my settings. Cheers for your help byrner88.

Well I finally got it to update! :)

Everytime I tried to update the phone, about 15 secs into the update Vista kept trying to locate a driver. It could never find one and the update failed. But for some reason the last time it found a driver. I cannot remember the exact name but it was something like a BB5 Loader driver. Now I've to restore all my settings. Cheers for your help byrner88.

no bother i was having alot of trouble updating mine but then searching for a good while on google i came accross them instructions and had it done it minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Can anyone give me the product code they used. I tried a couple I found online for euro1, wrote them to the phone successfully, but it still says there are no updates available. Currently on v20.0.016.

Edit: Its ok I found one that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

My update went ok but I notice that all my manually installed applications are gone (as well as my numbers, bookmarks, GPS favourites). They are still showing up in App manager as installed, but if I try to remove them it fails. It seems the files are still there from the file manager. Any ideas how to either remove them fully or get them working again?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Keith186

I updated mine through NSU no problem. Phone bought from o2.

My mate's meteor isn't updating that way. What's the craic with using the Euro1 code and de-branding it. What difference does it make to it?

My own one doesn't really have any o2 stuff installed apart from o2 services menu for unbilled balance etc. So not really sure what you mean by debranding it.

Thanks

Advertisement