Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi guys- I think this thread has died a bit since the weight watchers sticky started so maybe I should be posting there from now on as it is very useful.

I havent posted about my own weighloss for a while- well because I havent had any :(. I completely fell off the wagon there for about 2 weeks but luckily enough I've only 2 lbs back on. Im back to my old tricks though- every time I count points I lose a certain amount of weight and then give up and put it all + more back on again. I really dont want that to happen again.

Started counting points this week again- had 2 great days then went to lunch with my sister yesterday and ordered chips and goujons and then decided to go the whole hog and have dessert and buy chocolate on the way home!

But Im back counting today- I want to have lost 3lbs by Christmas that would make me a stone lighter then this time last year. I know Im dealing in small numbers here but this is what my particular weight loss journey is about.

Hope everyone is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

I know the feeling..it seems since i joined everyone else bailed..and ii am spiralling out of control when it comes to food!! weather, work and wat not i comfort eat..and have been having a field of late.. skipped 2weeks after putn on a pound one week.. going bk next thursday! Seems that if i put on anything even half a pound..i just lose it altogether and eat loads! crazy i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

hi just decided to join you all for weekly weigh in. I started dieting last week and my weigh in day is tomorrow.
    Starting weight: 11st 11lbs:( I'm 26 yrs old and 5ft 1"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Is this thread just for Weight Watchers? I'm not on that & not on a particular diet - just my own - healthier eating, less calories, more protein & excercise.
    Is there anyone else out there who is working on losing weight (as well as generally getting healthier) but are doing it with the nutritional info they already have? ie; you're not on celeb slim, lipo-watsit, calorie counting or WW etc.

Anyway, I'm 10st 10lbs, want to get to 8st 7lbs (though really I'd be thrilled to get to 9st). Want to get healthier & fitter & more toned. Not going so bad so far. Anyone else in a similar boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yeah, I would have been in you boat about a year ago, but I have more or less got down to my goal weight and am now training for a marathon (hopefully). Could probably do with losing a few more pounds (only a few) but I am in healthy BMI and Bodyfat now, so I reckon they will come off naturally by maintaining a healthy diet and fitness plan (if they are even supposed to).

Obviously the weekends don't count :P.

Edit: last year there were a lot of people in the food diary section just following their own plan and asking for advice, there doesn't seem to be many people at the moment who are not following some fixed plan or another. Maybe you should set up a food diary in there and you will get loads of help. Or even just start your own thread in the main section with a typical day's food intake. There will be loads of people willing to giving you advice on what you are doing right/wrong/could do better etc. Actually it would be great to see a new thread that doesn't involve some celebrity miracle weight loss programme!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mink wrote: »
    Is this thread just for Weight Watchers? I'm not on that & not on a particular diet - just my own - healthier eating, less calories, more protein & excercise.
    Is there anyone else out there who is working on losing weight (as well as generally getting healthier) but are doing it with the nutritional info they already have? ie; you're not on celeb slim, lipo-watsit, calorie counting or WW etc.

Hi Mink,

I'm not on WW or any other plan, just figured out what seems to work for me! I've been keeping a food diary since last May, I've gone up and down quite a bit since then but it's coming off steadily again. I started off calorie counting but now I've relaxed on that, I've gotten to know what my body needs. I've lost 11lb since January so the year is starting off well :) I had over 5 stone to lose starting off, now I've got around 3.5 to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SlimJane

Hi There
    This thread is for anyone who wants to lose weight. Last year I weighed in at just over 14 stone.

This year, Im a comfortable 10 stone. Im 5'7. I lost the weight over 12 months.

My personal root to victory was through a Bootcamp weightloss programme which uses colonic irrigation, organised outdoor exercise, weekly life coaching and blood group diet.

I tried weightwatchers, unislim and many others programme before I found one that worked for me.
    I would be interested to hear you stories

Best of luck
    Slim Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Hello all,

I am sucessfully losing weight myself and I used the advice on the fitness forum. Getting to know my foods is what has helped me is.

I started off my with my so called "good healthy diet" and I thought this along with exercise would help me lose weight.

But then I started to analyse my food intake as suggested by those on the fitness forum. I found out how many calories my body needs. I counted my calories on www.fitday.com. I realized that "my good healthy diet" was way over my calorie limit and needless to say I was surprised. So I continued counting my calories for a few weeks each day and then I stopped. By counting my calories for each day for those few weeks I now know, more or less, how many calories are in each food that I eat.

What I learnt was that there was a lot of calories in certain foods so I needed to know exactly what quanity of those foods I should eat but also that they should be good qualitiy high calorie foods. I learnt that most vege is very low in calories so I could eat a lot of them.

I learnt my porrige in the morning was enough grain based carbs for me. But that whatever grain based carbs I do eat it should be whole grain and not refined grain. So that ruled out white pasta, noodles, white rice and white bread.

I learnt I should stick to lean meats like fish or chiken for my protein intake. I learnt that I should be avoiding processed foods and eat fresh foods instead. That way I know exactly what is in the food that I eat. So that ruled out anything that came out of a box or anything that had more than a 2/3 ingredients. I learnt I should be drinking loads of water.

I know that I need not deprive myself by eating less but rather change what I eat in order to reduce my calories and lose weight at the same time.

I would say that everbody should get to know exactly what foods your body needs and why. You should base your diet on what your body needs, your lifesyle, weight loss goals and what ever other variables there are.

I read through many of the posts here and WW seems to be working for many and that is great. But if you truely knew what you were eating you would not need the WW points based system. You could use your own system. That way you can make it a long term change, a lifestyle change. You will not be on a diet but rather you will have a diet which is right for you.

Advertisement