Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband.

• 09-09-2008 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi folks. I was just wondering if anyone knows what broadband options I have living in wexford town. I'm with eircom at the moment. For a couple of years I've had no complaint about their service, other than it is quite expensive for what you get.

A month or so ago they 'upgraded' my line for free and with it the contention rate has gone through the roof (i think this is right but I'm no tech-head). I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 (an online multiplayer game) and I can no longer play at peak times, even though the server I play on is based in London. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

imagine cover my area, perlico do aswell afaik, might be worth checking them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Afaik if you have broadband with Eircom, you can get broadband with any telephone company, check them all out. Perlico, BT, Talk talk etc

GAA also run a service and their are a number of "mobile" (o2, eircom, 3G) or "aerial / dish" providers.

Hope you don't have a contract with eircom, tying you too them for a certain lenth of time, usually 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Thanks for the help folks. I do have a contract with eircom (failcom) but its up soon. I'll have a look into all those options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

It doesn't matter which of the providers you go through if you're getting broadband over your phone line, you're still getting it off Eircom Wholesale. It's horrible to say but that's the way it is in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

i have had BT bb for almost 3 years now, pay them about 45 euro a month and get 3mb home BB . thats 45 inclusive of vat for both line rental and bb service. there is no better deal available to me. i cannot get sat, wireless from some of the other companies offering it, or the installtion fees are a rip off and whjat do you save? fek all.

i have looked many times into changing , but at the end of the day, the service is fast, never down, never have to ring them , the bills are DD, we split the bill between the house, so i actually pay 10 euro for a 3mb line!!!

we dont use the phone line for making calls as thtas when phone bills get expensive, everyone has a moblie so they use it. and with VOIP these days, skype, etc , why have a BB line and still use the phone? pay twice for the same bloody service???

like all BB for home, if you need aphone line, then thats 20euro a month straight away for line rental, the type or speed depends then on how much extra u pay. good old ireland. oh to have SKY service like in the UK, all your digital tv and about 8mb BB delivery to your house, one bill, jeez, we can only dream. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danny1976

anyone know any good one for piercestown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

for Piercestown if you can get BB through Eircom then you will be able to get any of the standard line providers (as they piggyback the Eircom lines) - as for speed you are limited to whatever the local exchange is capable of.....and the lines running to your house.

In my experience I have had excellent service and price from BT....but then I make a lot of calls to the UK (and it is free as part of my package, as is all Irish calls other than mobiles) - we pay about €45 including line rental - which I think is a pretty good deal. Definately worth shopping around though as it all depends on what services you want (speed / download limit / extras such as telephone service combined...etc)

You should be able to get wirless in parts of it..

Advertisement