Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about that local sports team

• 09-09-2008 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Now that the dust is settling a bit on the hurling maybe we can transfer some of the local pride and love of sport to another Waterford team going for success.
    Waterford United are on a promotion push and are at home the next 2 Friday nights.
    It'd be great to see some of the enthusiasm from the last few weeks carry over to the blues, give people something to keep shouting about.

'mon the blues!

x-posted to county

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PS Gamer

Couldn't agree more. If ever the Blues need local support it is now. The players have shown there commitment over the last few months by taking paycuts even after they had not been paid for a few weeks. And still the performances had not dropped.

C'mon Waterford get out and support your other local team. you won't be disappointed.

C'mon the Blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads how much are the tickets and when are the home matches on?

Feckit I'll give it a lash.. although I gave a lot of help to the old "regime" there and never got an ounce of thanks for it. Im still a bit sour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Next home match this Friday against Monaghan Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Trotter wrote: »

Feckit I'll give it a lash.. although I gave a lot of help to the old "regime" there and never got an ounce of thanks for it. Im still a bit sour.

€15 for the tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Waterford have a game in hand too so they have every chance to go top with a 2-0 win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

noby wrote: »
    Next home match this Friday against Monaghan Utd.

The last (?) game there against Monaghan was pretty entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

they should let kids in free, that might get some full paying adults in the gate also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

daftdave wrote: »
    they should let kids in free, that might get some full paying adults in the gate also

first child is free with a paying adult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

showry wrote: »
    first child is free with a paying adult

That's good, makes it more affordable for families.

I've already make plans for this weekend but must keep an eye out for the next home match and get hubby to bring younger son to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PS Gamer

Fair play to ya Trotter. Lets hope there is a few more like ya.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

I will be bringing the wee lad there tonight. I must say that it has been a very long time since I went to a football match.
    Come on the blues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Should be a good match...

Blues are unbeaten at home for a year now!

Can't wait. Kick Off is 7.45 by the way!

Its €15 for adults and first child in free.....€10 for Students, and €5 for kids....

Next home game is next Friday (19th) against the Wexford Youths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I've a spare Season ticket if someone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

deisemum wrote: »
    That's good, makes it more affordable for families.

Yeah, i suppose it does!

Here, do the players really get paid? I thought it was all county pride etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You're thinking of the hurling team...

Yeah, i suppose it does!

Here, do the players really get paid? I thought it was all county pride etc??
    Yeah, they do get paid. Not much though. 75% of the squad is from Waterford and I think that they're all semi-pro....
    They all agreed to a 50% pay-cut half way through this season when we were in financial trouble..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Do they get paid much, like would they have other jobs aswell.
    A 50% pay cut is no laughing matter. Fair play to them!

Do they get paid much, like would they have other jobs aswell.
    A 50% pay cut is no laughing matter. Fair play to them!
    No, not at all! The highest would be getting maybe €400 a week (before the pay-cut) ...but most would get less.

I think the whole squad is semi-pro at the moment, so most would have other jobs or are students.
    There are plans though for the club go to fully professional in the next few years. Further plans here ; http://www.waterford-united.ie/strategy2008.pdf

Advertisement