Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Stoneybatter

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just bought an apartment in Stoneybatter (just off Manor St) and was wondering has anyone else have gotten wireless broadband there? I have used NTL for years and have never had problem but they dont service the area yet. I'm trying to avoid getting in a phone line due to the added expense and if there was a decent wireless signal in the area I would probably go with that. I will be working from home a few days a week so need to get a reliable fast connection not too worried about downloading on a massive scale as i can get head over to a mates but that would be a plus if possible.
    There are mixed reviews for digiweb and clearwire but just wondering what people have found were decent in the area? As i said the important thing is to get a decent line in and hopefully in 6 months NTL will come in.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Armedcor

Hey Crusader, I live in Stoneybatter 9 months of the year in student accom. and the supplied broadband is little more than glorified dial-up. I'm also looking for a good provider of wireless broadband. Kinda essential it can work with my PS3 :p If you or anyone else come up with something it would be great. Hope you find something and your enjoying Stoneybatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Crusaderjim

Cheers for the reply Armedcor! What provider do you have so i can stay clear of them? I will go for a phoneline if I have to but if the wireless providers where good and uninterupted then I'd plump for them...Anyone else got broadband even in smithfield thats any use?

I'm not sure to be honest, won't be back up till end of september again to check. I'm pretty sure they get it through some kind of antenna and then it's shared by about 100 students so as you can imagine it's pretty slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Armedcor wrote: »
    Hey Crusader, I live in Stoneybatter 9 months of the year in student accom. and the supplied broadband is little more than glorified dial-up. I'm also looking for a good provider of wireless broadband. Kinda essential it can work with my PS3 :p If you or anyone else come up with something it would be great. Hope you find something and your enjoying Stoneybatter.

Hey Armedcor, I think I can help you with that problem. If you grab your ethernet cable, cram it up your ass and wish real hard, I think you can get a connection speed of about 2Mb.
    Hope that helps

Hey Armedcor, I think I can help you with that problem. If you grab your ethernet cable, cram it up your ass and wish real hard, I think you can get a connection speed of about 2Mb.
    Hope that helps

Hey muffin head My ass would give at least 10mb dude don't put it down :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

The digital revolution...

barnicles wrote: »
    The digital revolution...

Digital Revolution my **** I can't even get broadband off eircom in Tralee cause they couldn't be ****ed upgrading my exchange....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Armedcor wrote: »
    Digital Revolution my **** I can't even get broadband off eircom in Tralee cause they couldn't be ****ed upgrading my exchange....:mad:

I was talking about the two posters with the ethernet cable

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Oh you can get broadband in Tralee no problem, you just have to be willing to pay more that €25.

Ok well Mista you know where I live you can only get that wireless service you use and I'm not gonna pay like 40 euro a month for broadband that i use for 2 months of the year...and seen as the rents both have broadband at work they don't feel the need to pay that either. I'm talking about eircom broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement