Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting tax back

• 09-09-2008 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi guys i am starting a college course soon and will be leaving my job i was told i can apply for tax back does anyone know anything about this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Most likely you will have been paying Emergency Tax in the first few weeks of your job until your employer and the Revenue office sorted out your P45 (your statement of taxation). This can sometimes be sorted within a week to two weeks but can sometimes drag out longer. Emergency tax is the highest rate of tax you can pay and assuming you are a student, you are entitled to all of this back as the state cannot tax you if you earn less than your standard rate cut off point.

So basically, getting your tax back is a good thing! :D It means you will get a nice bonus in your wages one of these weeks which is the tax they've been deducting from your wages all along.

Just dont spend it all in one night out...

Advertisement