Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between tutorial and lecture..

Options
  • 09-09-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

was just checkin out my timetable and it may seem like a stupid question, but what exactly is the difference between a tutorial and a lecture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

A tutorial is basically just revising the topic you previously covered in the lecture that week ... they're extremely useful, usually the numbers are much lower than the lecture so it's much easier to pick things up, ask questions ect ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

thanks for that, another question, are they compulsory attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

No, they're not compulsory. Unless I've had a problem understanding something in the lecture that week I dont go. In my class theres always five or six die-hards who go every week regardless ... why, I dont know?! lol

sweet as! im doing chinese so i reckon ill have to revise as much as possible! anyone else doing chinese out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I've no tutorials on my timetable this year.. this worries me as it would indicate a possibility of my timetable REALLY filling out a bit :P

any DT024 out there? Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

I always considered tutorials to be more important than lectures to be honest. They were good for discussion and for understanding exactly what was going on with that topic, plus opportunity to discuss wider issues etc. That said I had very few lectures (maybe one a week), the majority of my classes were tutorials - particularly in French.

ye i just noticed that all my chinese classes are tutorials... thought i had a few easy days... balls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

But obviously it depends on each person and also on the style of your classes etc. Play it by ear!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup tutorials are more valuable than lectures in my books.

i'm more inclined to ask a question at a tutorial as the vibe seems to be a lot less intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Yazz

only1stevo wrote: »
    sweet as! im doing chinese so i reckon ill have to revise as much as possible! anyone else doing chinese out there?

im doing chinese and business!

i already speak cantonese so im hoping mandarin will be easier for me to understand lol if not ill have friends and family to help me on that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement