Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia Caffita Capsule Conversion Kit

• 09-09-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Have any of you coffee lovers out there tried this conversion kit? It converts a traditional grouphead into a Caffita capsule device along the same lines as the nespresso machines.

My wife is going mad as she tried a nespresso recently for the first time and was blown away by the taste vs lack of mess. So she wants to be able to make coffee herself at home.

Has anyone tried the caffita capsules at all, if so, do they come close to a real coffee?

I saw Gaggia pods on the site too, they seem to be teabag style coffee pods that work within the regular group head, again i have no experience of these and would love to hear from anyone that has used them.

I really don't want to have to buy a nespresso as I love my classic.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Stop now. Put the internet down and slowly walk away from the machine with your hands by your sides.

Seriously though, no. Where are you buying your coffee currently? You'll produce far better results with your classic and good coffee then with one of the nespresso efforts. Again, have you tried different varieties of coffee? What type of coffee does your wife drink? Show your wife how to use the gaggia first of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Stop now. Put the internet down and slowly walk away from the machine with your hands by your sides.

Seriously though, no. Where are you buying your coffee currently? You'll produce far better results with your classic and good coffee then with one of the nespresso efforts. Again, have you tried different varieties of coffee? What type of coffee does your wife drink? Show your wife how to use the gaggia first of all.

LOL. I half expected some type of abuse:D I use Palombini gold as much as possible, I only get into La corte the odd time though, usually either Illy or Starbucks french roast.

The quality of the coffee I make isn't the problem it's the lack of convenience, that and the fact that I've thrown out some amount of Stale coffee over the years. In my old age the convienient option is starting to tempt me.

I've tried showing her how to use it and it just isn't working.

The beauty of the conversion kit is the flexibility of being able to return it back to its original set-up.

The nespresso machines make a bloody good coffee, I was quite shocked when i tried one myself.

Oh to answer your question about the type of coffee Mary drinks she's pregnant at the moment so it's mainly decaffeinated*

*Probably a bannable offence mentioning that word around here:pac:

So has anyone tried the Caffita stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ever considered tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

POST REPORTED

Mods, can you please re-title this thread "How to downgrade my espresso machine"

Whatever next, a thread "How do I use in****t dec**f in a Silva?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 columf2008

Victor_M wrote: »
    I saw Gaggia pods on the site too, they seem to be teabag style coffee pods that work within the regular group head, again i have no experience of these and would love to hear from anyone that has used them.

These are ese pods they are not really that good as coffee begins to diminish in quality rapidly once you grind it and loses many of the qualities associated with good espresso they are very celan and tidy I will give them that but not of the best quality also with my machine at least there is a special portafilter and shower screen for the ese also just a note you can get illy ese pods in tesco hope this sheds light on that matter the nespresso pods I have never had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement