Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

half price 360's - tescos. MAYBE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do-more wrote: »
    Ahh. Maybe this thread has had a purpose after all! Unfortunately though no one appears to have got an xbox360 for €149! :rolleyes:
    I saw them for €149.. I don't need one though as I already have one.

It had the generic Yellow Tesco pricetag saying it was reduced by €120 from €269 - €149.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Anyone see the mythical price tag in Dublin?
    Cheers, Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Is this real? If they are only 149 im heading straight to tesco... for my third 360... yes i ran into hard times and had to sell the other 2 at different times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I was thinking to myself-wouldn't be great if they did a half price ps3 offer-but then memories of the search for the half price laptops came flooding back....I'd read about it here and then rush about to various shops only to find they are either sold out or they've never heard of them...

Heard of a 75 euro psp offer in Heatons-drove 25 miles to my nearest store only to be looked at like I had 75 heads when I asked about them:mad:

Only bit of luck I had was to get a 50 euro portable dvd player in tesco, weeks after the promotion began. I think its all just down to luck, right place at the right time and all of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭blobert

basquille wrote: »
    I saw them for €149.. I don't need one though as I already have one.

It had the generic Yellow Tesco pricetag saying it was reduced by €120 from €269 - €149.

Where was this?

blobert wrote: »
    Where was this?
    Sligo.

D'ya think myself and Quackles are all playing a trick on ye with this "mythical price"? Cos... we learned after the first 4 times that people soon tire of it, and quickly become enraged! ;)

Would have taken a photo of it on the trusty iPhone but it's behind the counter in Tesco and above the cashier's heads so may have looked slightly odd! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

any cork cases of half price 360's???

edit: tesco in midleton...nil xboxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Not doubting you at all basquille! It doesn't seem to have made it to east coast by the looks of it though.
    Cheers,
    Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Sligo.

D'ya think myself and Quackles are all playing a trick on ye with this "mythical price"? Cos... we learned after the first 4 times that people soon tire of it, and quickly become enraged! ;)

Would have taken a photo of it on the trusty iPhone but it's behind the counter in Tesco and above the cashier's heads so may have looked slightly odd! ;)

Didn't you know? Sligo doesn't exist... It's just our 'happy place' :) But yes, brother got the gears of war pack for 149!

• Advertisement

quintron wrote: »
    Not doubting you at all basquille! It doesn't seem to have made it to east coast by the looks of it though.
    Cheers,
    Q
    Yeah, not the first time this has happened either in the Sligo branch.

€6.95 DVD's in Tesco.. but seemed like they were nowhere else in the country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They have the cheap games (+CDs +DVDs) in Tesco Clearwater (Finglas). I picked up GRAW2 (€17.49 at shelf) and Condemned 1 (€12.49 at shelf), and was only charged €14.99 at the till. They'd no mention of 50% off at till, but it still happened... The receipt had something like "Xbox 360 -50%", so I dunno if it's all 360 games. I wouldn't mind Viva Piñata 2 for €25 :)

I didn't see any consoles. That's not to say they're not there, I didn't think to look behind the electronics counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

so I dunno if it's all 360 games. I wouldn't mind Viva Piñata 2 for €25 :)
    It's only selected games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Was in Tesco in the Jervis Centre last night and they only have or original XBox 360 which were not even on display but were still scanning at 279€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sligo.

Heading down for a walk today is it just downstairs for games or upstairs also.

bennyc wrote: »
    Heading down for a walk today is it just downstairs for games or upstairs also.
    It's just downstairs.. they're opposite the aisle with crisps in big yellow cardboard stands. Think they have 75% off in big font on the back of them.

Let me know if you still get them at that price, and if there's many left, as I didn't get a chance to go in yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Saw the same 75% off in Tesco in Longford yesterday but all the games were sold out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

None in Dundrum and all and games were normal price.
    Normal price on both games and consoles in The Square
    Normal price on both games and console in Tescos Newbridge

Didn't make enquires - just looked on shelf - thinking now that perhaps I should have checked the price at the desk !! Damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Cheers for this OP!
    Sligo still have Condemned, Tomb Raider Legend, Football Manager, Table Tennis, Over G Fighters, Chromehounds, Hitman Blood money for 12.95 each with another 50% off at the till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah just in Sligo Tesco XBOX down from €270 to €150 Save €120

image1.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but was looked a bit odd while doing it .

image2.jpg

Some selected games have 75% off then another 50% off at the till

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

These are the games i got
    games.jpg

Maybe not very up to date but at the price hey you couldn't go wrong

Priced them and all 8 would have coast me €150 off play.com

Good man Ozeire.

Picked up Condemned (€6.49 after reduction), Def: Jam Icon (€8.49 after reduction) and Tomb Raider Legends (€6.49 after reduction).

Didn't bother with some of the others - Chromehounds, Full Auto, Harry Potter, Football Manager 2006, Top Spin 2 (etc).

Oh.. and for those who are wondering.. asked did it only apply to those games or all XBox 360 games so she scanned Mass Effect, and it was full price (€60) so no dice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

So is there an Xbox's left in Sligo? Going to ask my uncle to pick one up for me if there are some left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

kdobey wrote: »
    None in Dundrum and all and games were normal price.
    Normal price on both games and consoles in The Square
    Normal price on both games and console in Tescos Newbridge

Didn't make enquires - just looked on shelf - thinking now that perhaps I should have checked the price at the desk !! Damn it!

None at Coonagh roundabout Tesco in Limerick. Had a sticker up for €259 wiht no xbox on shelf... when enquired I was told that they were selling them with 2 free games but nobody was buying them...so "they sent them back"...suspicious...

All gone in Sligo! They have some on the shelves but they are full price? They may be getting in some more reduced priced Xbox's soon.
    Balls!

PIMPHO wrote: »
    All gone in Sligo! They have some on the shelves but they are full price? They may be getting in some more reduced priced Xbox's soon.
    Balls!
    Was in there at 2.00pm and they had at least 2 left upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just called Jervis street. Yer man said he reckons Celbridge, Maynooth and Clearwater finglas are doing them. Can't seem to get through to Celbridge so will drop in on the way home from work.

No defo all gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Not a whiff of a xbox360 in Mullingar. I dropped in last night and phoned today and was told there are none in stock, the girl said they usually arrive on thursday but there was no delivery today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Any of the games still left? Just noticed this now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Saw this in Tesco Dun Laoghaire (Bloomfields) about ten mins ago. They also had Tomb Raider and a football game that I can't remember the name of on the cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Mahon in cork have half price games???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Are these 20gb or 60gb ??

ciano1 wrote: »

20 gigglebytes, the one we got was the old gears of war pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

know nothing about xbox at the moment, gonna check the tesco by me..just wondering is this a very good deal i thought i saw them advertised for 200 euro not so long ago or where they different models, sorry for my ignorance might get one for my brother if i can get one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Can someone conform is this the one with HDMI port? Cheers.

ciano1 wrote: »

20 gigglebytes, the one we got was the old gears of war pack.

EDIT - No idea why that posted twice, and 9 minutes apart, no less.

And no HDMI port :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If it's the gears of war pack, then are they the old style premiums without HDMI?

I'd be very wary about buying one of those, as you might end up with a model that's more susceptible to RROD...
    Pretty fecking sweet deal if it's a pro and not a premium though, might even get a second one for myself at that price!

tman wrote: »
    If it's the gears of war pack, then are they the old style premiums without HDMI?

I'd be very wary about buying one of those, as you might end up with a model that's more susceptible to RROD...
    Pretty fecking sweet deal if it's a pro and not a premium though, might even get a second one for myself at that price!
    Well, my one I bought over a year ago was the GoW 20GB edition (same as in the offer) and it's still running fine... and it's used practically daily. If not for games, then playback for DivX.

And I know a few people who have newer consoles and have had RRoD's inside the first 6 - 8months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

tman wrote: »

The RROD now has a 2 year warrently (maybe 3 year, can't remember), and they'll fix it for free if that happens so who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Well, my one I bought over a year ago was the GoW 20GB edition (same as in the offer) and it's still running fine... and it's used practically daily. If not for games, then playback for DivX.

And I know a few people who have newer consoles and have had RRoD's inside the first 6 - 8months.
    I got the GOW pack Christmas 2006 from Tesco (there was another deal at the time) and it RROD on me. But like Julez said, 3 years warrenty for RROD.

It's a pity it doesn't have HDMI though.

• Advertisement

Someone just announced the half-price 360 offer in Sligo on TodayFM so they're well and truly gone by now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

HI I got an Xbox 360 for 149.95 in Tescos in Edenderry for boyfriends b. day ... was in Tullamore last night and they had none on special offer so just tried at lunch... it was last one on shelf but there could be more. It says it s a limited edition and has a game that looks like call of duty but its something Gear. I haven't a clue about xboxes ... is this the right one :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

pubpub wrote: »
    HI I got an Xbox 360 for 149.95 in Tescos in Edenderry for boyfriends b. day ... was in Tullamore last night and they had none on special offer so just tried at lunch... it was last one on shelf but there could be more. It says it s a limited edition and has a game that looks like call of duty but its something Gear. I haven't a clue about xboxes ... is this the right one :confused:

Spot on, you'll make him a great wife some day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

Tesco Dun Laoghaire (Bloomfields) still have the sign up (and the box as pictured earlier in this thread) - even three xbox dvd case things on the shelf. However they have none left.

Unfortunately it took two visits to determine this - the guy last night said he didn't have access to the where they were kept. Lunch time i learn they have none.

I just not having luck with this ... I think i'll soon have spent the difference in parking and petrol !!

Stillorgan have none but have a LOAD of games marked down 75% all marked clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone know of any goin anywhere around south dublin area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

OK So I have now bought 8 xbox 360 games for about €60 all new from tesco thanks to the thread above but as yet haven't got a 360 to play them on! HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

anyone had a look in Coolock?

Still at least 2 - 3 XBox 360's for €150 in Sligo..

.. they're the Call of Duty 3 packs (not Gears of Wars packs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

No half price 360's in Clonmel

Full priced gears and COD3 packs (20gb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but you know when you get a new 360 you can avail of four free months of xbox live via changing gamertag each time, well if you format the hard drive is it possible to keep doing this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement