Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Energy Drink available in Pharmacy or shop?

• 09-09-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good energy drink or something similar that I could take before exercising? My diet is fairly good at the moment but Im starting to feel tired when exercising. Something low in calories and good for you which can be easily got not order online etc.

Thanks

Jessie :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

jessie37 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good energy drink or something similar that I could take before exercising? My diet is fairly good at the moment but Im starting to feel tired when exercising. Something low in calories and good for you which can be easily got not order online etc.

Thanks

Jessie :)

a calorie is a unit of energy, something cannot be low in calories and high in energy, energy drinks are called energy drinks because they gave a high amount of calories (ie energy).

What are you eating before exercise? If you are eating somethin (anything will do, but some carbs would be would be good) about an hour before you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

A classic before training is a cup of black coffee. It gives you a boost, and the caffeine reduces the feeling of pain so you can train harder for longer. If you are doing really intense exercise for a long time, adding a couple of spoonfuls of coconut oil to the coffee can supply extra energy.

Try to avoid sugar-based drinks before exercise if fat loss is your goal. They are fine if you are competition training and need to hit a certain standard of workout, but if you just want to burn the most calories, then avoid anything which will trigger insulin. Your body won't burn fat while there is sugar or insulin present in your body.

Advertisement