Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do wirth a Bank Draft?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

I recently recieved a bank draft of €500 as a gift... But i'm not sure what to do with it... The Draft is from NIB but my bank is PTSB... Do i have to lodge this into my account .. will it take days to clear.. or will i just recieve cash on production of the draft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You can lodge it to your own account regardless.

It needs to clear - usually 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

In theory, if u go to any NIB branch, with suitable ID, they will give u cash.
    PTSB will not as there are still loads of counterfeit drafts around so they need to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ircoha wrote: »
    In theory, if u go to any NIB branch, with suitable ID, they will give u cash.

Incorrect. The branch from where the draft is drawn will happily oblige you. Remember a draft is simply a bank chq drawn on a bank branch itself.

Advertisement