Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Indoor play area's in Sligo Town

Options
  • 09-09-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

HI
    I am looking for an Indoor play area in sligo, we travel from galway to Donegal and use Sligo as a half way point for a break with the kids and would like somewhere they could stretch there legs and get some food.

All help appreciated.

Aiden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's Happy Days indoor play centre in Cleveragh, which is near Smyths toys.
    As far as I know thats the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 aideng

Cheers thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, Happy Days is all that sprung to mind alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

there is one in bundoran too, near the lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

funny bones in colooney is decent place as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Dizzys Den is the one in Bundoran, we brought two toddlers and a wobbler there last Monday as both Happy Days and Funny Bones close on a Monday. The food was fine and the kids were roaring crying when we left, so I guess a good time was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'd highly recommend funny bones in Collooney. Also if you want to stray out a bit further there is Kid's Kingdom in Carrick on Shannon. It's great for older kids because it has a bowling alley and it's absolutely huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Hello.

The word is areas - no apostrophe. I know you Sligo people struggle with English - I seen, he done etc. - but adding an apostrophe does not make the plural! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Essexboy wrote: »
    Hello.

The word is areas - no apostrophe. I know you Sligo people struggle with English - I seen, he done etc. - but adding an apostrophe does not make the plural! :mad:

In fairness, the OP seems to be in Galway. On an unrelated note, there are other punctuation marks you may use to delimit parenthetical expressions; commas and semi-colons are worthy of consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Since when was this an English class. I finished school years ago and don't fancy going back.

Oh dear if we are all going to get into trouble for bad English then I should leave now.:(

Back to play area's (sort of), why hasn't Sligo got a bowling alley? I think it would do really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

magnumlady wrote: »
    Back to play area's (sort of), why hasn't Sligo got a bowling alley? I think it would do really well.
    Sligo did have one but it didnt do well and closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Since when was this an English class. I finished school years ago and don't fancy going back.

Just read http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/files/Usingapostrophes.pdf instead!

Shadow78 wrote: »
    Sligo did have one but it didnt do well and closed.

I was in it. It's was good but in the wrong place maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

OP stop in Enniscrone - the Ocean Sands has an indoor play area and is right next to a playground down in the beach area. There's also good family eating just up the road at Mary Anns Diner (next to the Church) Sirloin steak and chips only 13 euro is great value and loads of kids options. The bar food in the Ocean sands is pretty good too. Lots of other choices in the town, if you have kids a better choice to stop at than a big town IMO.

Advertisement