Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Probs !!!

Options
  • 09-09-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I wonder did this ever happen to anyone. I pay Vodafone monthly by direct debit. I get a monthly invoice saying "thanks for paying by direct debit". Then inexplicably for eight months they debited someone else with my bills while still sending me thank you notes. I had got out of the habit of checking my bank statements for Vodafone payments and the banks hardly ever send statements any more anyway. Out of the blue I got an invoice saying I owed them thousands and unless I paid up instantly they would cut me off. No explanation ... just pay up or you're gone. It took days to get someone with some degree of responsibility. Even then they blamed me. They blamed the bank and only very reluctantly admitted it was a Vodafone fault. It got sorted in the end but it cost a small fortune in calls not to mention the hours being passed from Billy to Jack. I'm not the best of it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Strange that you didn't notice you weren't paying anything:rolleyes:, even stranger the other person didn't say anythign sooner:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its not all Vodafones fault, you have to take some responsibility as you clearly were not paying for a service you were using dispite what you may like to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Aren't calls to Vodafone post pay support free? What numnber where you calling to be charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Its not all Vodafones fault, you have to take some responsibility as you clearly were not paying for a service you were using dispite what you may like to think.

the OP took responsibility by authorising Vodafone to debit his account some days after the bill. He cannot be held responsible for Vodafone not debiting his account if his successive bills did not show an accumulating unpaid balance. A customer is not at fault if they pay by cheque and Vodafone don't cash it!!

Having discovered the mistake Vodafone should have apologised to the customer and discussed a reasonable scheme for payment deferral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ardmacha wrote: »
    Having discovered the mistake Vodafone should have apologised to the customer and discussed a reasonable scheme for payment deferral.

Yes, I agree that vodafone should agree a payment plan, chances at they will if OP contacts them. But the OP has to shoulder the blame, not regularly checking their bank statements is not an excuse, it's laziness and irresponsible (what if their card had been skimmed or they were being charged too much for a direct debit).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not sure how you approached this with Vodafone but I think it sounds like a pretty reasonable explanation you have for the payment problems and any company is going to try to agree something with you. I refuse to believe Vodafone simply demanded thousands and wouldn't listen to reason on the phone and demanded it NOW NOW NOW.

Advertisement