Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dromiskin Broadband

Options
  • 09-09-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post this.

A friend just moved to Dromiskin and needs to get broadband set up, as there is no phone in the house she can't do the phone number lookup to see if its available. Does anybody know what broadband is available, her two choices would be UTV and BT because they offer free UK calls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

You'll have to phone Eircom and ask them if broadband is available in the area. Since BT and UTV (i think) operate on the same lines then I'd image if Eircom can offer it then so can they.

Another option is to ask the neighbours if they can get broadband.

Oh and out of BT and UTV i'd opt for BT. They give ANYTIME UK calls compared to UTV's evening and weekend calls and are generally better both in service and support. I was with UTV but switched to BT last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Probably worth checking out http://www.net1.ie and http://www.digiweb.ie as wireless options.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi we just moved to the wilds of drumiskin and wondering if anyone could recommend bb and phone supplier as we previouly had UPC in dub and were happy with that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

At the moment i have eircom and get 4mega download, fibre is due sometime early next year hopefully. Was talking to eircom tech I know he was saying before Xmas though eircom site says april-june 14. So time will tell.
    No one round dromiskin offering anything like upc that i know of sorry to say.

Advertisement